Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA to run bypass 500 metres from Newgrange

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default NRA to run bypass 500 metres from Newgrange

The NRA has announced plans to run the proposed Slane bypass 500 metres from the world heritage site, Newgrange.

A bypass around Slane is desparately needed, but to even countenance a bypass so close to Newgrange beggars belief.

Coming just after the proposal to run the Dublin orbital route close to Tara, which already has the N3 through its valley, is it possible for the NRA to show any more contempt for Ireland's archaeology and environment?

It makes my blood boil.

RTÉ News: Slane bypass would run close to Newgrange
    "In [Ireland] a wife is regarded as a chattel, just as a thoroughbred mare or cow." Mr Justice Butler in the Irish courts. 'Traditional Marriage' in the 1970s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well done Gormley and Ryan.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Official Ireland is largely comprised of barbarian mucksavage peasants and spivs. Nothing really surprises me any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also, the NRA is stuffed with the cronies of Snowel Dempsey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I heard it described as being "500 metres from a bufferzone of 2.5 miles from a national heritage site" which would make it something different than half a kilometre from Newgrange.
    Fianna Fail - The Loss of Sovereignty Party.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If another Derrynaflan chalice was found on Gormley's watch he'd have it sold for melt price and the proceeds given to the banks.

Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyO'Brien View Post
    The NRA has announced plans to run the proposed Slane bypass 500 metres from the world heritage site, Newgrange.

A bypass around Slane is desparately needed, but to even countenance a bypass so close to Newgrange beggars belief.

Coming just after the proposal to run the Dublin orbital route close to Tara, which already has the N3 through its valley, is it possible for the NRA to show any more contempt for Ireland's archaeology and environment?

It makes my blood boil.

RTÉ News: Slane bypass would run close to Newgrange
    This is the best news all year.

Now motorists will be able to have a full frontal view of the beautifully reconstructed 20th century facade of the Newgrange Megalith

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    I heard it described as being "500 metres from a bufferzone of 2.5 miles from a national heritage site" which would make it something different than half a kilometre from Newgrange.
    You heard correctly. That is precisely what the news report that the OP quotes says. He didn't bother to read beyond the first paragraph. The sixth paragraph says:

The proposed bypass will be 500m away from the buffer-zone around the World Heritage Site at Brú na Bóinne

boo-boo

I wonder could we re-establish functional use for newgrange cemetery? I know of a couple of useless politicians and NRA officials who we could cremate on pires and make token ash deposits in the chamber.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

don't worry, we can't afford to fill a pothole never mind a bypass for slane

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast