Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rail Corridor

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Rail Corridor

Two of Ireland's largest cities Galway and Limerick are not linked by rail. The Govt. didn't promise that the Western Rail Corridor will be re opened but that its a possibility. This govt. has forgotten about the West pumping too much money into the pale
    Tír gan teanga tír gan anam

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What route?

I'd say:

Galway-Ennis-Limerick-Cork

Journey by rail from Galway to Cork currently takes 5:45 with 2 changes or 6:25 via Dublin!!!

By bus it's 4:20. That is just insane! They're geographically not that far apart.

Deffinitely needs a ral link.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just to compare, by car the 128 mile journey takes 3 hours. I have no idea why Bus Eireann takes so long.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is faily cronic that there are no direct rail lines from the second largest city in this state to the third, fourth or even any other city apart from Dublin in this country, in the words of Jim Mcdaid, every other banana republic would have this sorted out??

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

in the words of Jim mcdaid - 'we dont need trains - I'm driving.....cross country'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe if we are to allievate the pressures on the infrastructure of Dublin we need a counter weight urban development on the west coast. Using Cork/Limerick/Galway as the axis makes sense and a train service of 2 hours of thereabouts from Cork to Galway would be a start.
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when creating them

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That campaign seems to focus more on the less important Limerick & Galway to Sligo end of it.

Galway to Cork should be the 1st priority!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sligo to Cork should be first priority!
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when creating them

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I recently saw the short film Caca Milis and was impressed by the scenery passing by the train window. Anyone know which stretch of line the train was on?

Re my comment 'Sligo to Cork should be first priority!' A dream would be a railway right the way around Ireland. That would be a route and a half, alright...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast