Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Victim to sue Sunday Tribune

Default Victim to sue Sunday Tribune

I grant that posting the press statement was contrary to the rules of the site. However I should be allowed edit it and post the link. SF Challenge Sunday Tribune | Sinn Féin

I dont agree that a national newspaper which is being sued by an alleged sexual abuse victim for purposefully misrepresenting her is not important and worthy of discussion on its own merits.

From my own memory this a first and is quite a shocking turn of events. It is more important than many of the individual threads currently being discussed.

I also dont think that Politics.ie should seek to bury the actions of this victim in the 300th page of a different if related story.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

is your thread substantially different to this ? : http://www.politics.ie/media/122494-...t-tribune.html

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maírtín Óg Meehan in his blog states:

"our thanks must go to the time, energy and endeavours of great investigative journalism from Suzanne Breen of the Sunday Tribune."

Does that sound like somebody speaking on behalf of a family considering legal action? There is no mention of legal action on Maírtín's blog, indeed we have only the word of the shinner manipulators to go on in regard to that; hardly something to place much faith in if recent statements by Gerry Adams and Arthur Morgan are anything to go by.

Facetiously the shinner statement states:

“Child abuse is a very difficult issue that people across Ireland are trying to come to terms with and central to all of this is the protection of children."

Where was this spirit in Gerry Adams' handling of his brother Liam? Why did Adams not contact Clonard about his (known to him) paedophile brother working with children there? Why did he attempt to cover for himself by lying that he did warn Clonard who have no record of any such warning?

When has protection of children ever been 'central' to the motivations of Gerry Adams?
    How a shinner could show their face at the moment is beyond me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dot View Post
    is your thread substantially different to this ? : http://www.politics.ie/media/122494-...t-tribune.html
    That thread was closed.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, so I will ask the question here :

DO SF support the holding of a Child Protection Referendum (delayed since 2006)?

If so: where In their policy docs would I find policy statements on Children's rights, provisions of SATUs, funding for RCCs
    and info on dealing with reporting rapes? (the current health minister for instance did not provide adequate funding to
    ensuring the Sligo SATU had paid forensic nurses for a period in the lasst years, thus depriving the SATUs of
    weekend staff, necessitating rape victims being brought to the Rotunda centre in taxis)

I know some of the younger females in SF and thought to ask them BUT I think I'd like to know more on Policy areas at
    the moment, cos one outstanding thing in the interviews was how little the statutory authorities in this area were used - going
    by the interview I read.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While we are on the subject, would any of the shinners like to clarify why a woman who had had battered, malnourished and neglected children removed from her care by social services was deemed suitable for public office?
    And don't try and act like the taking into care of a prisoner's children would go unnoticed or unquestioned in Republican circles.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PSF want to go to back to the Fifties where we have no open discussion on child abuse.
    The victim in question, can quite clearly be seen posing for photos in the Sunday Tribune. she volunteered to speak.
    Her face was pixillated, to conceal her identity. Her name was withheld. Can't see what more the Tribune could've done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dot View Post
    Ok, so I will ask the question here :

DO SF support the holding of a Child Protection Referendum (delayed since 2006)?

If so: where In their policy docs would I find policy statements on Children's rights, provisions of SATUs, funding for RCCs
    and info on dealing with reporting rapes? (the current health minister for instance did not provide adequate funding to
    ensuring the Sligo SATU had paid forensic nurses for a period in the lasst years, thus depriving the SATUs of
    weekend staff, necessitating rape victims being brought to the Rotunda centre in taxis)

I know some of the younger females in SF and thought to ask them BUT I think I'd like to know more on Policy areas at
    the moment, cos one outstanding thing in the interviews was how little the statutory authorities in this area were used - going
    by the interview I read.
    Statutory authorities? You mean like the RUC? I think you know why little use was made of them, particularly when you consider that they tried to recruit the mother of Aine Tyrell when she went to make the complaint.

As for the Childrens referendum; this is one statement I found very quickly: Sinn Féin establish Ard Chomhairle sub committee to campaign for a yes vote on the constitutional referendum on children's rights | Sinn Féin

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrygold View Post
    Statutory authorities? You mean like the RUC? I think you know why little use was made of them, particularly when you consider that they tried to recruit the mother of Aine Tyrell when she went to make the complaint.

As for the Childrens referendum; this is one statement I found very quickly: Sinn Féin establish Ard Chomhairle sub committee to campaign for a yes vote on the constitutional referendum on children's rights | Sinn Féin
    The RUC/PSNI are corrupt to the core. The Adams family seemed to be protected species.
    Another member of his family was seen by several people shoot a dissident Republican 10 times in the head. His name spread throughout Belfast as the killer and it was even mentioned on the net.
    Ten years later, he has yet to be even arrested or questioned.
    I certainly wouldn't expect justice from the RUC or PSNI, but I do expect Republicans to at least NOT promote suspected rapists through the ranks.
    Liam Adams should've been kneecapped and exiled from the entire island, as would've happened to the humble guy in the street.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrygold View Post
    Yet Joe Cahill advised his niece to go to the hated RUC because he knew that nothing would be done by the shinners. Joe was around long enough and high enough up to know the way in which paedophiles and rapists were harboured and enabled.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast