Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Seperate locker rooms for gays!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Seperate locker rooms for gays!!

The article relates to the lifting of the ban on openly gay soldiers in the US military. That will make the US the last western nation to do so. Among the practical options being considered are segregated changing facilities:

Pentagon lawyers advise delay on lifting military gay ban - from Pink News - all the latest gay news from the gay community - Pink News

I just about fell off my chair reading this. It reminded me of the early construction stage of the pentagon. The building was designed to have 4 different bathrooms, one for white men, one for white women, one for black men and one for black woman as was required by Virginia law at the time. Really bizzar stuff.

Th Irish, British, French, Spanish, German, Israeli and even Russian military do a great job without segregation!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Given that people appear nude/near nude in locker rooms some people wish for them to be segregated

I'd probably pay to be allowed use a college locker room filled with young ladies (and I rather suspect I'd get in trouble)

Also Ian Ayres, one of America's top constitutional scholars mused on a related matter some time back

Looking out for No. 2 - By Ian Ayres - Slate Magazine

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The brits were well ahead of the others on that one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_iH1GhM2j8"]YouTube- Military fairy[/ame]

Sorry. No offence meant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cgcsb2 View Post
    The article relates to the lifting of the ban on openly gay soldiers in the US military. That will make the US the last western nation to do so. Among the practical options being considered are segregated changing facilities:

Pentagon lawyers advise delay on lifting military gay ban - from Pink News - all the latest gay news from the gay community - Pink News

I just about fell off my chair reading this. It reminded me of the early construction stage of the pentagon. The building was designed to have 4 different bathrooms, one for white men, one for white women, one for black men and one for black woman as was required by Virginia law at the time. Really bizzar stuff.

Th Irish, British, French, Spanish, German, Israeli and even Russian military do a great job without segregation!
    Is saw too (we must read the same sites!), there hoping it can be delayed so it wont get implemented before obama is up for reelection and hoping he will get replaced with a republican who wont want the ban dropped!!!

Gadjodilo

What about bisexuals? Should they have their own personal dressing cubicles? I mean they're liable to jump on either gender.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    Given that people appear nude/near nude in locker rooms some people wish for them to be segregated
    equally you could say that a gay men might not paticularly want other gay men looking at him. Does theat mean that each one must have an individual locker room? If heterosexual men have such squemish sensibilities, perhaps the military isn't for them.

I'd probably pay to be allowed use a college locker room filled with young ladies (and I rather suspect I'd get in trouble)
    here's where the difference lies, a gay man wouldn't be that interested. You see being a man ones self means that men's bodies don't have that exotic appeal. If you want to see one, all you have to do is look down.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For goodness sake there is no need for that.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@ orbit, if you find such 1970's British homophobia amusing. Well that says alot about you. Why did you post that here? do you have a problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cgcsb2 View Post
    equally you could say that a gay men might not paticularly want other gay men looking at him. Does theat mean that each one must have an individual locker room? If heterosexual men have such squemish sensibilities, perhaps the military isn't for them.
    What if heterosexual women don't want men in their locker room ?

The logical answer here seems to be personal closets for all

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What if heterosexual women don't want men in their locker room ?

The logical answer here seems to be personal closets for all

cYp
    cost effective?

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast