Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We may have only 6 months left

Default We may have only 6 months left

So we continue on into 2010 in this Zombie like state. A form of purgatory, a land of limbo. How long will it be until the other foot drops?

The powers that be refuse to allow the market to readjust. The fundementals and technicals suggested a stock market crash back in October, but they prevented such. The stock markets continue to move sideways defying gravity. For how much longer? A stock market crash might have been the short sharp shock we would have needed to finally deal with the essential fundementals. But the elite continue playing their number games on their screens blissfully "unaware" of the pain on main street.

SIX MONTHS TO LIVE

The economy that is. Especially the part that consists of swapping paper certificates. That's the buzz I've gotten the first two weeks of 2010, and forgive me for not presenting a sheaf of charts and graphs to make the case. Just about everybody else yakking about these thing on the Web provides plenty of statistical analysis: Mish, The Automatic Earth, Chris Martenson, Zero Hedge, The Baseline Scenario.... They're all well worth visiting.
    Six Months To Live? by James Howard Kunstler
    Last edited by cyberianpan; 2nd March 2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: edited for copyright
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well, that's just cheered me up no end. Sadly, I think that the author may be right...
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (yeah, I'm aware of the irony)

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    Well, that's just cheered me up no end. Sadly, I think that the author may be right...
    Still time though for people to learn to live without the government. Its a time to live in a rural area.
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Only one thing will save us now:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1NiNKwueE"]YouTube- The Equalizer intro[/ame]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    I hate to break it to you but he is dead! Can we panic now?
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (yeah, I'm aware of the irony)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When are people going to realise that when the Bankers were called in by the US fed and Lehmanns let go the first thing the Banks did was take the inside information they had just been given and use it to speculate on each other.

They then paid themselves massive bonuses based on the profits made from this information.

The bailout money has been spent investing in commodities like gold and oil along with currency speculation at great profit to the Investment Banks while the mess they left behind after their speculation on property and loans has been left for the tax payers to clean up.

The difference in speculation on property was it created jobs and even wealth where as commodity and currency speculation create no jobs and wealth only for the speculator. In fact oil speculation will contribute to inflation and will cost jobs.

Oil is currently at $83 a barrel except in Ireland where recent tax hikes mean we are actually paying the equivilent of $105 a barrel.

But then again common sense economics was never the strong point of our Dept of Finance.
    Last edited by MPB; 14th January 2010 at 09:43 PM.

Politics.ie Member Supermanpolitician's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We're all doomed!

Politics.ie Member Supermanpolitician's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you based these conclusions on science fiction cassandra?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post

YouTube- The Equalizer intro
    But what about:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiCB2isZcRM"]YouTube- Shaft trailer (1971)[/ame]
    If once the people become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors, shall all become wolves. It seems to be the law of our general nature, in spite of individual exceptions.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast