Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Painful Irish Happenings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Painful Irish Happenings

Brazilian Cardinal Claudio Hummes, Prefect of the Vatican’s Congregation for the Clergy, said the abuse by priests in Ireland constituted “painful” and “criminal” behaviour ... but are not representative of the behaviour of the vast majority of priests in the Catholic Church. Irish clerical abuse not typical of church
    “The painful Irish happenings – which by the way have seen some bishops assume their responsibilities and resign – simply do not relate to the entire episcopal ministry."
    Interesting quote from Hummes: Some bishops have assumed their responsibilities and resigned! Is this a heavy hint to Bishop Drennan to also assume his responsibility and resign?
    I watched with glee, while your kings and queens, fought for ten decades for the gods they made.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

No it's not, and only someone with an existing hardline viewpoint could possibly draw that conclusion from the sentence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Andrew thinks that abusing children is wrong, and that the assembly-line abuse of children by a supposedly ethical organisation that subsequently moves heaven and earth to cover up the abuse is even more wrong.

Whew! That's some hardline viewpoint all right! Really out there on the edge! Wonder if he'll ever meet anyone who agrees with him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    No it's not, and only someone with an existing hardline viewpoint could possibly draw that conclusion from the sentence.
    Another quote from Hummes:
    "The devil attacks the shepherd. In fact, if by killing the sheep the flock is reduced, by instead eliminating the shepherd he will destroy the entire flock."
    The 'painful happenings' that have occurred in Ireland were not caused by the devil - but by bishops complicit in the cover-up of attacks on children by priests.
    I watched with glee, while your kings and queens, fought for ten decades for the gods they made.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Vatican ENABLED & ASSISTED now the Vatican attempts to paint the 'problem' as a uniquely 'Irish' problem

Fuck you Rome, Fuck you

This is WAR

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now, there's a novel idea - declare war on the Vatican City State.

How would they resist a takeover ?

Politics.ie Member sauntersplash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seanad voter View Post
    Now, there's a novel idea - declare war on the Vatican City State.

How would they resist a takeover ?
    With litle red pocket knives?
    "No." - Rosa Parks

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49 View Post
    Some bishops have assumed their responsibilities and resigned! Is this a heavy hint to Bishop Drennan to also assume his responsibility and resign?
    Actually, resigning is what is called taking a powder - if they truly believed in their God, they would go directly to the nearest police station and make a full statement to the effect that they were indirectly responsible for the torture and abuse of children by their facilitation and obsfucation of the activities of the people they are allegedly 'responsible for' and as such, it would be in the interests of their immortal soul that they take proper responsibility for their sins through proper penance.

However, with the proper application of logic to the activities of the hierarchy of the Catholic Church, the following can be ascertained:

1. They do not actually believe their own preaching. (Also known in the more colloquial phrase ''dont get high on your own supply''.)

2. They only concern themselves with the 'health & well being' of the Church as an institution.

3. The has been a complete disconnect between the Religion of a wandering, ex tradesman who preached such concepts as love, tolerance, acceptance, forgiveness and progression, you would be hard pressed to find any of the above in the hierarchy of the Church.

(Please note I am not attacking ordinary Catholics here anymore than a criticism of Barack Obama or Gordon Brown would be an attack on the US or UK public.)
    No matter what you think of yourself, the moment you try to justify the murder of an innocent with idealism, no matter what that ideal might be, you take your place on the side of evil and all your claims to virtue are as naught.

Politics.ie Member The Caped Cod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How about the resposnsibility to go to court for wilful obstruction of justice as well as complcity to committ and cover up child abuse? Are any bishops going to assume that responsibility I wonder. I doubt it, seeing as there are probably a few still serving senior Gardai and Judges who are probably just as guilty and would prefer not to push the point.
    "Authority that cannot be questioned is tyranny and I will not accept tyranny, any tyranny, even that of heaven."
    - Terry Pratchett

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Caped Cod View Post
    How about the resposnsibility to go to court for wilful obstruction of justice as well as complcity to committ and cover up child abuse? Are any bishops going to assume that responsibility I wonder. I doubt it, seeing as there are probably a few still serving senior Gardai and Judges who are probably just as guilty and would prefer not to push the point.
    Whats funny (as in strange, not amusing) is the amount of the people who will say that the above accusation is ridiculous and totally wild and unfounded.

These are the same people who said the same thing about the Priesthood not very long ago.
    No matter what you think of yourself, the moment you try to justify the murder of an innocent with idealism, no matter what that ideal might be, you take your place on the side of evil and all your claims to virtue are as naught.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast