Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowry attacks Moriarty Tribunal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lowry attacks Moriarty Tribunal

The word chutzpah hardly covers the arrogance of this individual. He has just released a "lengthy" statement attacking the tribunal and claiming that his "reputation and character are under threat".
    This tax cheat, mountebank and fraud is the reason this tribunal was set up. I have no doubt that any findings by the tribunal will be adverse for Lowry which is why he is getting his retaliation in now.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is really worrying is the fact that Lowry has had the highest share of first preferences in the last three general elections in Tipperary North. Should be interesting to see how Lowry performs in the next election if the Tribunal hits out at his behavior . . .but I fear the electorate will brush the facts aside. That is assuming he runs in the next election, which is certainly no certainty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemus View Post
    The word chutzpah hardly covers the arrogance of this individual. He has just released a "lengthy" statement attacking the tribunal and claiming that his "reputation and character are under threat".
    This tax cheat, mountebank and fraud is the reason this tribunal was set up. I have no doubt that any findings by the tribunal will be adverse for Lowry which is why he is getting his retaliation in now.
    While the Haiti earthquake is a tragedy (the whole country is a disaster, even before the quake) it did give Denis O'Brien a chance to get some brownie points before the tribunal reports.

And no, I'm not impressed by billionaire non tax-payers throwing a few million to the poor.

Remember how he made his helo available to the Special Olympics....
    My Avatar is the FF logo INVERTED symbolising contempt for the FF Party and its members.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vega1447 View Post
    While the Haiti earthquake is a tragedy (the whole country is a disaster, even before the quake) it did give Denis O'Brien a chance to get some brownie points before the tribunal reports.
    Also gives him a very good chance in getting his second leg into Haiti to re-build their telecommunications network - what a perfect opportunity, and only a stones throw from his current Empire in Jamaica! I suspect O'Brien has his own interests at heart at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
    What is really worrying is the fact that Lowry has had the highest share of first preferences in the last three general elections in Tipperary North. Should be interesting to see how Lowry performs in the next election if the Tribunal hits out at his behavior . . .but I fear the electorate will brush the facts aside. That is assuming he runs in the next election, which is certainly no certainty.
    That is one of the most sickening things about this whole saga. Whilst one might expect the locals to circle the wagons in defence of a local man at an election the people of North Tipperary have taken this much further and returned this person as a poll topper in every election. The shame is theirs

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lowry may not run in the next GE in Tipp, but the son certainly will.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

That is one of the most sickening things about this whole saga. Whilst one might expect the locals to circle the wagons in defence of a local man at an election the people of North Tipperary have taken this much further and returned this person as a poll topper in every election. The shame is theirs
    I guess most of them know in their hearts and souls he's a crook, but think: "Aren't they all! At least he's our crook."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reknaw View Post
    I guess most of them know in their hearts and souls he's a crook, but think: "Aren't they all! At least he's our crook."
    That's not good enough. Depending on the final findings of this tribunal it could open this State to a massive compensation claim running into billions.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only way to stop people from acting in their own best interests by voting for a candidate that has been on the take is to ban the said candidate from standing for elected office in the first place.

If we were a proper country with proper standards, someone like O, Leary would be prevented from standing in an election along with a good few more gombeen crooks.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whats worse is the fact that four "independent" councilors in North Tipperary are part of "Lowry's Team" . . .

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast