Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: December Live Register rises 10,000 in December

Default December Live Register rises 10,000 in December

So the carnage resumes. 20% of the labour force is on the live register. Interesting to see how Sean Whelan and RTE spin this one

http://www.cso.ie/releasespublicatio...rrent/lreg.pdf
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Holy Fluck!!!!!!!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seasonally adjusted is only up 3300 compared to 31200 last year so it much better than would have been anticipated. The first 3 months of 2010 will tell a tale. I just happened to be passing the dole office in Tralee yesterday and it looked pretty sparse in there, but then again so was the whole Town because the estate roads and footpaths are lethal here.
    Last edited by kerrynorth; 8th January 2010 at 01:41 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kerrynorth View Post
    Seasonally adjusted is only up 3300 compared to 16000 last year so it much better than would have been anticipated. The first 3 months of 2010 will tell a tale. I just happened to be passing the dole office in Tralee yesterday and it looked pretty sparse in there, but then again so was the whole Town because the estate roads and footpaths are lethal here.
    No point going to collect dole, most places haven't been able to get the money delivered to dispense. Was on the news the other day.

Weather causes welfare payment delays - The Irish Times - Thu, Jan 07, 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder how many have been moved to FAS courses another other such devices to hide the real numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by johnfás View Post
    No point going to collect dole, most places haven't been able to get the money delivered to dispense. Was on the news the other day.

Weather causes welfare payment delays - The Irish Times - Thu, Jan 07, 2010
    This is the biggest scandal of the Freeze imo.
    Whatever about failure to grit roads or have enough salt supplies, the failure of An Post to get these cheques distributed because of a few mm of snow is complete basketry.
    They should be bloody ashamed of themselves ..
    Redacted.

Quote Originally Posted by Digout View Post
    I wonder how many have been moved to FAS courses another other such devices to hide the real numbers?
    30,000 I think Digout. There are 10s of thousands more who have ran out of Jobseekers benefit and cannot claim anymore because their spouse is working. Thousands have emigrated and there are now 100,000 on illness benefit, the increase being due to mental illness suffered from the economic collapse. (GPs and Therapists are at breaking point at this stage).
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Digout View Post
    After the FF incompetents "spin" this story, the facts will be

1. Just under 25,000 are currently on FAS training courses
    2. That ONLY 133,000 lost their jobs in 2009
    3. That we are ONLY losing 825 jobs a week now
    4. That the exchequer deficit will not be effected
    5. That its Lehman`s fault

Can everyone now count from 1 to 825 and remember every number is a person / family, with mortgage, children, food bills, car loans, personal loans etc.........

They will probably get the Minister for Snow to do the media work and mention that we will be saved by the SMART ECONOMY

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EvotingMachine0197 View Post
    This is the biggest scandal of the Freeze imo.
    Whatever about failure to grit roads or have enough salt supplies, the failure of An Post to get these cheques distributed because of a few mm of snow is complete basketry.
    They should be bloody ashamed of themselves ..
    The biggest scandal is that self employed people / proprietary directors get NOTHING IN SOCIAL WELFARE payments and aren`t included in live register figure.

And when the economy picks up these self employed people / proprietary directors will NOT employ and full time staff. Everyone in the new decade will be a CONTRACTOR

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post

5. That its Lehman`s fault

They will probably get the Minister for Snow to do the media work and mention that we will be saved by the SMART ECONOMY

If I hear Willie O' Dea say "its all because of the collapse of Leeehan Bros." one more time.....
    I thought he was going to use this excuse for the big freeze.

Smart economy? Yeah how about employing an economist in the Department of Finance for starters.

(and I mean an economist, not some silver spoon, wet behind the ears, cotton woolled kid you see on the telly from the stockbroking firms - oh I think loike the economy loike bottomed in the 3rd quarter last year loike and that the boom will be back this year, ya)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast