Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana against Alzheimer’s disease? Smarter in old age...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Marijuana against Alzheimer’s disease? Smarter in old age...

A rat study suggests chemicals in marijuana may slow the memory loss of Alzheimer’s disease, researchers say.

Added to signs that pot-smoking veterans of the 1960s and 1970s drug culture rarely develop the devastating condition, they add, the findings could point to new avenues for Alzheimer’s treatment.

“Inflammation in the brain is part of aging,” he said. “It happens to almost all of us... But in some cases, this inflammation gets out of hand and causes serious damage.”

Treatment with a synthetic compound similar to marijuana reduced in flammation in older rats and made them “smarter,” he added. “The compound substantially improved the memories of the older rats, [who] were able to hold on to key details of a specific task. Untreated older rats, on the other hand, were not.”
    Marijuana against Alzheimer?s disease?

So cannabis prevents this devastating mental illness and makes you smarter when you are older. Happy days.

Must roll a J

maybe the people who are against de-criminalizing cannabis are getting too old and have early signs of mental illness already, its never too late to start!..

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Run From The Cure: How Cannabis Cures Cancer And Why No One Knows | Cannabis Culture Magazine

Yes it such a wonderful thing,with so many applications and it can be grown anywhere,by anyone,you can't have people having that much freedom
    Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster It would be illegal, so it can't happen.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors - CBS News

(WebMD) Cannabis may be bad for the lungs, but the active ingredient in marijuana may help combat lung cancer, new research suggests.

In lab and mouse studies, the compound, known as THC, cut lung tumor growth in half and helped prevent the cancer from spreading, says Anju Preet, PhD, a Harvard University researcher in Boston who tested the chemical.
    Woot... THC cuts risk of cancer in half.

Moreover, other early research suggests the cannabis compound could help fight brain, prostate, and skin cancers as well, Preet says.
    No wonder big pharma lobby against cannabis... Shame on us as a people for being duped.
    Last edited by Wakeupcall; 6th January 2010 at 02:07 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you trying to convince yourself or others?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by femmefatale View Post
    Nobody, just interesting generally Though I don't want to be technically a criminal anymore, its just stupid and backward to have prohibition on cannabis.

I know you are desperately against it from your lack of comprehension before in another thread... Though we wont go there again

Moving on...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeupcall View Post
    Nobody, just interesting generally Though I don't want to be technically a criminal anymore, its just stupid and backward to have prohibition on cannabis.

I know you are desperately against it from your lack of comprehension before in another thread... Though we wont go there again

Moving on...
    I was speaking to a GP the other day, who said that if everyone had sat where he has sat and had had to deal with the hideous reality of cannabis use, no-one would speak out in favour of it.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its called an exchange of information,what the reader does is up to them,not my job to convince anybody of anything.Nobody forced you to click on the link and view the thread, that was your choice,like it was your choice not to read the links provided but still comment on the thread.
    Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster It would be illegal, so it can't happen.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting study wakeupcall.The mother of a friend grows it uses it to help pain and she has recommended it to me but I haven't found the clinical evidence to definitely support it having analgesic properties. So far the evidence generally seems very contradictory.

I've mixed feelings in general about the drug. For medicinal purposes where it helps theres no logical reason not to use it. Socially though I've seen too many young men waste years of their life thanks to every ounce of motivation being sapped out of them by dope smoking.
    Conservatives seem to believe that the rich will work harder if we give them more, and the poor will work harder if we give them less. E.J. Dionne

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was speaking to a GP the other day, who said that if everyone had sat where he has sat and had had to deal with the hideous reality of cannabis use, no-one would speak out in favour of it.
    I happen to know another GP who says the opposite. She has 4 children and is well respected and favored above the other GPs in the area.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imokyrok View Post
    Interesting study wakeupcall.The mother of a friend grows it uses it to help pain and she has recommended it to me but I haven't found the clinical evidence to definitely support it having analgesic properties. So far the evidence generally seems very contradictory.

I've mixed feelings in general about the drug. For medicinal purposes where it helps theres no logical reason not to use it. Socially though I've seen too many young men waste years of their life thanks to every ounce of motivation being sapped out of them by dope smoking.
    Dope smoking will enhance your current feeling. Not all types of feelings but some. For example it motivates me unbelievably. Though I know a lazy waster who was always a lazy waster who started smoking it and he become even lazier!

it suits some people and they can contribute much more to society, it doesn't suit others.

Though keep in mind the lazy person is lazy by nature, cannabis doesn't help these people.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast