Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: "Israel admits to harvesting organs"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default "Israel admits to harvesting organs"

Israel admits harvesting Palestinian organs | World news | The Guardian

If someone had posted this I wouldn't have believed it, however much I disagree with Israel I would have viewed such a claim as lies and propoganda as NO country would harvest another peoples organs for its own soldiers use.

Unbelievably it was true

Israel really does seem to be a country with absolutely no moral compass, another colonial failure mired knee deep in blood and attrocity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brughahaha View Post
    Israel really does seem to be a country with absolutely no moral compass, another colonial failure mired knee deep in blood and attrocity
    Humor me here and explain why you think Israel has no moral compass after taking organs from dead people without the consent of families?

Gimpanzee

If someone had posted this I wouldn't have believed it, however much I disagree with Israel I would have viewed such a claim as lies and propoganda as NO country would harvest another peoples organs for its own soldiers use.

Unbelievably it was true

Disturbing story.

Two things though:

Where did you get the bit about the organs being used by their soldiers? Only reference can see is that the organs were harvested from
    "Israeli soldiers, Israeli citizens, Palestinians and foreign workers, often without permission from relatives"

And what is the fixation with Palestinians? Does harvesting the organs of Isreali's and foreign workers not merit the same sort of disgust? Seems to me that its has little to do with the nationality of the dead.

Don't know if we're in much a of a position to throw stones in this case.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liamfoley View Post
    Humor me here and explain why you think Israel has no moral compass after taking organs from dead people without the consent of families?
    If you cant see it I cant help you...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you cant see it I cant help you...........
    That is not an argument or a discussion. Mock indignation won't work here.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unbelievably it was true

This would seem to be more along the lines of the organ retention scandal with regards infants here, than anything specific to Israel.

Politics.ie Member The Caped Cod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The admission, by the former head of the country's forensic institute, followed a furious row prompted by a Swedish newspaper reporting that Israel was killing Palestinians in order to use their organs a charge that Israel denied and called "antisemitic".
    Every time that defence is used inapropriotly by Israel it drasticly lessens it's impact. It's nearly come to the point where it's barely a credible insult at all.

The interview with Hiss was released by Nancy Sheppard-Hughes, professor of anthropology at the University of California-Berkeley who had conducted a study of Abu Kabir.

She was quoted by the Associated Press as saying that while Palestinians were "by a long shot" not the only ones affected, she felt the interview must be made public, because "the symbolism, you know, of taking skin of the population considered to be the enemy, [is] something, just in terms of its symbolic weight, that has to be reconsidered."

Artifact from Buchanwald
    "Authority that cannot be questioned is tyranny and I will not accept tyranny, any tyranny, even that of heaven."
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When this story was first broken by a Swedish newspaper, the Israelis threw the usual hissy fit and accused those who believed the story of - yes, you've guessed it - anti-semitism. Reportedly, some Israelis even started boycotting Swedish goods. And now they're admitting that the story was essentially true. The crimes of the Israeli state are now so obvious that only the most die-hard apologist could ignore them .

One of whom is on this board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Interista View Post
    When this story was first broken by a Swedish newspaper, the Israelis threw the usual hissy fit and accused those who believed the story of - yes, you've guessed it - anti-semitism. Reportedly, some Israelis even started boycotting Swedish goods. And now they're admitting that the story was essentially true. The crimes of the Israeli state are now so obvious that only the most die-hard apologist could ignore them .
    One of whom is on this board.
    Okay, if this is a crime name the law that has been broken? This story would not be given as much attention if it was any other country in the region. The only shocking thing is that it happened to the only country in the region that is a democracy. Don't forget they took the organs from dead Israelis too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay, if this is a crime name the law that has been broken?
    I would say most countries have laws which state that organs may not be removed wiothut the consent of next or kin, or the written consent of the deceased (ever heard if those little organ donation cards they give out in chemists?) If the practice was so unobjectionable, why did the Israelis fib about it, as well as throw out the ol' AS slur?

This story would not be given as much attention if it was any other country in the region.
    Even if true, that's completely irrelevant.

The only shocking thing is that it happened to the only country in the region that is a democracy
    First you seem to say this behaviour was quite acceptable, now you say it's 'shocking'. And only blind apologists for Israel would find this kind of thing shocking.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast