Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 176

Thread: Vandals damage Republican graves - Belfast

  1. #1

    Default Vandals damage Republican graves - Belfast

    The graves of nearly 40 people have been desecrated by vandals in an overnight attack on the Republican plot at Milltown Cemetery in west Belfast.

    Paint was thrown over the gravestones, including those of hunger striker Kieran Doherty and three IRA members killed by the SAS in Gibraltar.

    The main memorial at the site in the cemetery off the Falls Road, was covered in yellow paint.

    It is the fourth attack on the plot in the last six years.BBC News

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Monaghan
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    As sad and distressing that all this is for the families, will the psni be getting involved?
    "still , got to give it to the people of monaghan, they dont take any **** "--constitutionus

    http://monaghan32csm.blogs.ie

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member QuizMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    North Inishowen
    Posts
    3,207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Disgraceful. Sick minds whoever did this.
    If there is a future, it will be Green.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Monaghan
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuizMaster
    Disgraceful. Sick minds whoever did this.
    Why do you care? Honestly.
    "still , got to give it to the people of monaghan, they dont take any **** "--constitutionus

    http://monaghan32csm.blogs.ie

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dublin NSide and Belfast 15
    Posts
    1,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Vandals damage Republican graves - Belfast

    Quote Originally Posted by padraig
    The graves of nearly 40 people have been desecrated by vandals in an overnight attack on the Republican plot at Milltown Cemetery in west Belfast.

    Paint was thrown over the gravestones, including those of hunger striker Kieran Doherty and three IRA members killed by the SAS in Gibraltar.

    The main memorial at the site in the cemetery off the Falls Road, was covered in yellow paint.

    It is the fourth attack on the plot in the last six years.BBC News
    Disturbing and unwelcome as this development is, I still find it fascinating how the Shinners on this site can get so animated about gravestones, yet find it impossible to formulate opinions on the housing rate hikes, the water charges, the MI5 centre in Northern Ireland and all the other issues affecting LIVING people in the six counties.
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member QuizMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    North Inishowen
    Posts
    3,207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus
    Quote Originally Posted by QuizMaster
    Disgraceful. Sick minds whoever did this.
    Why do you care? Honestly.
    This goes beyond politics. I know we don't see eye to eye on much, but I'd like to think we both have some common decency and humanity.

    Desecration of graves upsets me. I have lost family and friends myself. I don't know what I'd do if I found their graves vandalised.
    If there is a future, it will be Green.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus
    As sad and distressing that all this is for the families, will the psni be getting involved?
    Would you want them to be involved :

    Would Padraig want them to be involved (I believe him to be anti-PSNI) :

    Wouldn't it be ironic if they had to stand guard over the grave of one who murdered one of their colleagues.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Monaghan
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Vandals damage Republican graves - Belfast

    Quote Originally Posted by JCSkinner
    Quote Originally Posted by padraig
    The graves of nearly 40 people have been desecrated by vandals in an overnight attack on the Republican plot at Milltown Cemetery in west Belfast.

    Paint was thrown over the gravestones, including those of hunger striker Kieran Doherty and three IRA members killed by the SAS in Gibraltar.

    The main memorial at the site in the cemetery off the Falls Road, was covered in yellow paint.

    It is the fourth attack on the plot in the last six years.BBC News
    Disturbing and unwelcome as this development is, I still find it fascinating how the Shinners on this site can get so animated about gravestones, yet find it impossible to formulate opinions on the housing rate hikes, the water charges, the MI5 centre in Northern Ireland and all the other issues affecting LIVING people in the six counties.
    In fairness there is no animation by the provos here and he in fact is quoting from the bbc.

    So i suppose by the logic you have stated durkan shouldnt refer to collusion,bloody sunday, and victims rights etc because they are not living?
    Hoping for the stoops demise is slightly unnerving considering their consitutional nationalist opponents but we will soon see if the sdlp traitors return to the stoops from the last vote.

    Would you want them to be involved
    No.

    Would Padraig want them to be involved (I believe him to be anti-PSNI)
    Regardless of what padraig wants he is pledged to seek the ruc/psni help as his party have no reason not to.
    "still , got to give it to the people of monaghan, they dont take any **** "--constitutionus

    http://monaghan32csm.blogs.ie

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dublin NSide and Belfast 15
    Posts
    1,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    No, Seamus. By the logic I have stated, PSF ought to be able to proffer opinions on actual bread and butter issues in addition to discussing gravestones.
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCSkinner
    No, Seamus. By the logic I have stated, PSF ought to be able to proffer opinions on actual bread and butter issues in addition to discussing gravestones.
    JCSkinner, whats wrong, is it because none of us have commented on the thread about the SDLP manifesto, where you give a brief outline of policies, with no link given to the actual document itself, I don't comment on soundbites.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •