Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Boom?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Next Boom?

We had the dotcom boom & bust followed by property boom & bust. Any ideas what will the next area of boom & bust as surely there will be something? Will there be an unsustainable boom in the green energy sector?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Frogs...no flies on the greens ya know..

Seriously i think the whole green energy thing is a sector that could boom but will be a few years more before it happens.

Ex Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica View Post
    We had the dotcom boom & bust followed by property boom & bust. Any ideas what will the next area of boom & bust as surely there will be something? Will there be an unsustainable boom in the green energy sector?

Its got to be on green issues.

The Green Economy.

Or the so called Knowledge economy which seems every country in the world is striving for!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I reckon there'll be a boom for lawyers dealing with home repossessions and mortgage defaults.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deepness View Post
    Seriously i think the whole green energy thing is a sector that could boom but will be a few years more before it happens.
    Will it go bust?

Economies seem to be one large pyramid scheme. Get in early & get out before it crashes. Start all over again with Octagonal scheme.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Probably..isnt every boom followed by bust? Although i'd hope that the world has learnt something from the last year or two..i wouldnt be convicved either though

Ex Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still at this moment in time im sure we will just all be happy to be in a boom again!

If this crisis could cause a major paradigm shift in economics than it will have been worthwhile. The Renaissance was born from the ashes of the First Great Depression in the 14th century.

This could be an opportunity to create a new monetary system with a new style of banking.

Other than that, I have my bunker as a Plan B.
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica View Post
    There could be, and a bust will follow as a whole lot of the green solutions to energy are just pie in the sky. Wind energy, Wave, any form that is mechanically intensive will never see another decade out without serious re-invention. Solar is on it's way and will be huge also Nuclear will dominate the western landscape for the foreseeable future.

Politics.ie Member MsAnneThrope's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In 2017 FF Taoiseach Michael Lynn along with Finance Minister Seán Fitzpatrick, Minister for Trade, Enterprise & Employment Nicky Byrne and Minister for Construction Ger Killally will kickstart another property bubble.
    We all love animals. Why do we call some 'pets' and others 'dinner'?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast