Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UVF killers Loyalist 'Band' to march past scene of murder.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default UVF killers Loyalist 'Band' to march past scene of murder.

http://www.irishnews.com/appnews/540...0Victim82.html

The family of an innocent murder victim are outraged that a Loyalist banned named after his murderer will be legally allowed to march past the spot where he killed his victim Patrick McKenna , moments later he was shot dead by the British army.

Thousands of loyalists will take to the streets of west Belfast next Saturday to mark the 20th anniversary of the UVF killer’s death.

The Ardoyne victim Patrick McKenna was shot 11 times as he walked along the Crumlin Road on September 2 1989 in a random sectarian attack carried out by Brian Robinson.

SAOIRSE32 :: Murdered Catholic?s family say UVF parade ?distasteful? :: August :: 2009

When told of her son’s death Robinson’s mother Margaret suffered a heart attack and died. The two were buried on the same day....

....“Paddy’s murder affected him badly. He held his brother as he died, shot 11 times for no reason. It was very sad and very hard to see my father suffer like that,” he said.

Speaking yesterday Gerard McKenna, a nephew of Patrick McKenna, said the continued glorification of the UVF killer 20 years after his death was in poor taste.

“To be honest I have no hard feelings against Brian Robinson. As far as I’m concerned he was a victim of the Troubles as well, a victim of the circumstances he was born into,”........
    Last edited by st333ve; 29th November 2009 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WTF? This sickening parade took place months ago. And it didn't go past Ardoyne shops. Otherwise there would have been a bloody big riot. The Parades Commission are stupid. But they're not that stupid!

This is old news indeed.
    The Empire's Over - Why Don't You Go Home?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Edited.

ts not old news, the second link is merely for information.
    Maybe I should have made that clearer.

Anyway the first link is in reference to this weeks parades commission ruling, allowing this immoral parade to take place right at the scene where the killer shot his victim 11 times - so yes the parades commission is stupid.

It is in today's newspapers.

With the DUP calling for the parades commission to be scrapped, they're most likely going to allow more Taig trampling to appeal to the DUP.
    Last edited by st333ve; 29th November 2009 at 12:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by picador View Post
    WTF? This sickening parade took place months ago. And it didn't go past Ardoyne shops. Otherwise there would have been a bloody big riot. The Parades Commission are stupid. But they're not that stupid!

This is old news indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by st333ve View Post
    Edited.

Anyway the first link is in reference to this weeks parades commission ruling, allowing this immoral parade to take place right at the scene where the killer shot his victim 11 times.

PicaDOH!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You really do have to love that 'parody of esteem' delivered as a result of the holy GFA.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    PicaDOH!
    It was actually my mistake, I didnt realise this sick band was allowed to march elsewhere and there was various online news articles about them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Katayusha Mk2 View Post
    You really do have to love that 'parody of esteem' delivered as a result of the holy GFA.
    Do not rubish the parity of esteem, wasn't there trees planted at Stormont to make hurls?
    Nationalists got their trees, Loyalists got their march
    Feck some begrudgers are never satisfied

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It makes me want to 'hurl'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was actually my mistake, I didnt realise this sick band was allowed to march elsewhere and there was various online news articles about them.
    Ok sorry about that Picador

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Edited.

Anyway the first link is in reference to this weeks parades commission ruling, allowing this immoral parade to take place right at the scene where the killer shot his victim 11 times - so yes the parades commission is stupid.

With the DUP calling for the parades commission to be scrapped, they're most likely going to allow more Taig trampling to appeal to the DUP.
    That story you've copied is an old one.

I see the story you've linked to is dated today but I can't read anymore as I don't have subs. Is this for real? Why are they marching at this time of year?
    The Empire's Over - Why Don't You Go Home?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast