Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Poolbeg incinerator to go ahead.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Poolbeg incinerator to go ahead.

RTÉ News: Construction at Poolbeg to start in December

It's against Green policy yet even though their leader is minister for the environment, building work on the Poolbeg incinerator is to commence next month.

Gormley has made much of his restrictions which he claims will ensure the plant is not economically viable, but the project owners clearly see him as an inconsequential figure. They know that by the time the incinerator is commissioned he will be just a bad memory and his restrictions abandoned.

Yet another Green principle gone up in flames.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Two fingers to Gormless from Dublin County Council.

Happy Xmas.

My belief is that they are ignoring the Minister ( obviously ) to get development levies from the developers. They are bankrupt themselves and need the money

Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The good news about it is that John Gormley will be the first person to go into it when it is officially opened.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to say that I find Minister Gormleys objections to the incinerator to be ludicrous. The country needs an efficient way to dispose of refuse and incineration is an internationally recognised method for achieving this.

Minister Gormley seems to be intent on financially hobbling the project before it even starts.

And we should be seriously considering nuclear power in Ireland........an issue that never seems to rise to the level of reasoned debate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Meanwhile a planning decision is due from Bórd Pleanala on the Cork incinerators whose site was underwater last week.... again.

Pics -

http://chaseireland.org/releases/24-11-09.htm

http://www.politics.ie/environment/1...ded-again.html
    Last edited by He3; 28th November 2009 at 02:41 PM.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dick Roche must be laughing into his Cornflakes this morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I actuallt think this is good, an incinerator may not be pretty to be living beside but its better than a dump, try driving out of Portlaoise or Tullamore on a warm summers day and you wouldnt like to be living beside one. I know pollution is an issue and recycling is a big part of the answer but this incinerator should have no problem filling capacity. Surely other Co.Council;s will contribute rubbish for a nominal fee if the capacity can not be filled.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daito View Post
    I have to say that I find Minister Gormleys objections to the incinerator to be ludicrous. The country needs an efficient way to dispose of refuse and incineration is an internationally recognised method for achieving this.

Minister Gormley seems to be intent on financially hobbling the project before it even starts.

And we should be seriously considering nuclear power in Ireland........an issue that never seems to rise to the level of reasoned debate.
    Johhny "The Banker and Developers Friend" Gormless is shamelessly trying to hang onto his seat the FF/Green party hypocrite could not give a hoot about incinerators or any other "green" priniciple that he lied to his voters about, as proved by his support for his party (FF) in government

The bad thing is due to this idiots behaviour it could yet end up in court and cost the taxpayer a fortune!

OBVIOUSLY TWINS DIVIDED AT BIRTH!

Minister Gormless

A Wingnut!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well he's in good company. There isn't a single politician in DSE who is prepared to look beyond the parish pump on this. Chris Andrews (FF), Kevin Humphreys (Lab) and "Lose Enda" Creighton (FG) all bashing Gormley in today's IT for failing to stop it. Disgrace the lot of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daito View Post

Well said. Now is not the time to be listening to Luddite tree huggers.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast