Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we know the Catholic Church isnt abusing in lesser developed countries?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How do we know the Catholic Church isnt abusing in lesser developed countries?

No matter how accountable this 'Church' becomes in Ireland, in other places across the world this corrupt cult is probably getting away with the same sick things it was doing here for years.

Assurances that things have changed here should not suffice, why should me or anyone else believe that this organisation has changed when the only thing that exposed it was decades of campaigning and the modernisation of the country?

In my opinion the only thing that changed was the economic status or Ireland, the Church is still the same and the same sort of characters are most likely getting away with the same things in lesser developed countries where churches can control children's welfare without accountability or the funding to protect them.
    Abstinence makes the Church grow fondlers.

Politics.ie Member nozzferrahhtoo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

st333ve

Your fears are entirely well founded:

A book called "Amen" written by Sister Jesme has already sold out in India. The autobiography alleges priests and nuns not only break their vows of celibacy but do so by regularly forcing sex from novices and she alleges further sexual abuse and bullying within the ranks.

The Catholic Church there is rife with sexual controversies, and has only just been reeling from the "adoption" of an attractive 26-year-old female companion by a serious Bishop there.

The author herself claims being forced into lesbian acts by one of the sisters when she was a novice, and she speaks of being propositions in the confessional by a priest who even citied biblical references to back up his move.

Dr Paul Thelekkat a spokesman for the Church said

How far what she says is well-founded I can't say, but the issues are not very serious. We're living with human beings in a community and she should realise this is part of human life".
    Maybe YOUR sick little life Thelekkat but rape, abuse and bullying is NOT part of mine.

All of this follows the Sister Abhaya murder case, allegedly murdered by two priests and a nun.

What can you do? Well I do not know, but step 1 would be to remove yourself from the church and their books. If you have not already done so then remember simply not going to church is not enough. They still speak for you as your name is on their membership lists. To change this go to Count Me Out - Take a stand for church/state separation or www.catholic.ie and get yourself off their register.

=================
    sources:
    http://www.dancewithshadows.com/poli...-sister-jesme/
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ic-Church.html
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-1627077.html
    Last edited by nozzferrahhtoo; 27th November 2009 at 10:13 AM.

"Bless me Father, for YOU have sinned!"

Might be the opening to my next confession if I was ever to be converted back to all that religious nonsense.

Thank goodness that particular organisation has received yet another mortal blow in the media where children will see it and think awhile.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I posted at thread here a few weeks back on the Christian Brothers who have moved on to new pastures working with "street children". Check out their websites.

They are funding their activities, I presume, with assets they have been allowed to keep and move out of Ireland.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswideopen View Post
    I posted at thread here a few weeks back on the Christian Brothers who have moved on to new pastures working with "street children". Check out their websites.

They are funding their activities, I presume, with assets they have been allowed to keep and move out of Ireland.
    Of course you'd step up to take over the thankless work once you've bankrupted them.

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by harvey View Post
    Of course you'd step up to take over the thankless work once you've bankrupted them.
    You honestly think the Christian Brothers are an appropriate agency to work with street children?

Honestly?

Politics.ie Member Monday Monday's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Imagine, doing all that rape and torture and they never even once got as much as a "thank you" for it.

Kids today.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They most likely are. The Catholic Church is structured in a manner which creates secrecy and unaccountability. The whole idea of religious orders who are ostensibly, at least for legal purposes, independent of the central Catholic Church but at the same time under the authority of Rome is irrelevant. Add to that anytime a complaint is made about these orders it just gets lost in the corridors of the Vatican... or rather hidden in the corridors of the Vatican... and it is clear that the body is institutionally corrupt. The central institution is resting on its laurels comfortable in its feeding of the genuine Christian faith of many around the world, but that can only last so long. Its time the Christians in the Catholic Church took the Church back for themselves in my mind, and I am not even a Catholic. They can start by ditching the secrecy of the Vatican and disassembling the religious orders. No organisation can grant a franchise to an independent body if they can't be held to account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder what the motivation is for Christian brothers in doing thankless work with children who have no one to defend them. Do they make a profit from them too like they did here.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ireland should create its own churches, this international Roman Catholic organisation is not an organisation people should follow.

I hope their churches lie empty and rot.

They might apologise for what happened here, but there's nothing stopping them from doing it elsewhere.

They may as well say they're sorry what they done in Cork and then go and do it again in Dublin.

Ireland is just one of their many regions.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast