Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This David Icke Person. Is it a Joke?

Ex-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default This David Icke Person. Is it a Joke?

The name keeps cropping up so I went into google and I cannot believe what I am reading. Are there seriously people out there who believe in this..this what is it? Lizards taking over human bodies and ruling the world? Surely not. I mean, where did this idea spring from? I note yer man used to be a football commentator. Had he been a playwright or a sci-fi producer I could perhaps understand, but a sports commentator?

Has anyone heard of him. Is he mad? Or am I being too cynical?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    The name keeps cropping up so I went into google and I cannot believe what I am reading. Are there seriously people out there who believe in this..this what is it? Lizards taking over human bodies and ruling the world? Surely not. I mean, where did this idea spring from? I note yer man used to be a football commentator. Had he been a playwright or a sci-fi producer I could perhaps understand, but a sports commentator?

He wasn't a bad commentator either until he revealed his real self. I suspect that the Roy Keane personage is almost at the point of shedding his human skin.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've read some of his stuff and seen a few of his videos that I d/led. What Icke appears to be doing is taking legitimate examples of conspiracy and applying bizarre esoteric spin to appeal to the 'new age' market, which he seems to be making a good living out of, and in the process trivialising and obscuring the real issues. By hyping up issues of concern and reducing them to the realm of the ridiculous in the process he acts as an agent of disinformation. Icke is certainly not the fool he would have the majority take him for, he is the agent of an agenda.

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I was a kid he was a quiet mousey bloke who sometimes presented the snooker and did the sport bit on BBC news. I think he possibly just went extreme bipolar. Mockery is too easy, I just feel pity for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ddn't he actually paly football for some 2nd div side?

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MacO'velli View Post
    Ddn't he actually paly football for some 2nd div side?
    Goalie for Coventry, if my memory serves me right.

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    When I was a kid he was a quiet mousey bloke who sometimes presented the snooker and did the sport bit on BBC news. I think he possibly just went extreme bipolar. Mockery is too easy, I just feel pity for him.

Yeah, I remember him on Grandstand and not for anything else. But when I do a quick google it looks like his BBC career ended fairly abruptly when he refused to pay his poll tax(good man!) and moved towards the Green Party.
    His contract with the BBC was terminated in 1990 when he refused to pay his poll tax, a new local tax introduced by Margaret Thatcher that was controversial because the same payment was required by everyone, regardless of income. He ended up paying it in November 1990, but his initial announcement that he was willing to go to jail rather than pay prompted the BBC, by charter an impartial public-service broadcaster, to distance itself from him.[19]
    Looked like he was headed for a stellar career:
    became involved with the Green Party from 1988 to 1991, rising to the position of one of their four national Speakers, a position the party had created in lieu of a leader. He soon became the party's most alluring speaker, The Observer calling him "the Greens' Tony Blair." He became a household name, appearing on talk shows and in debates.[21] He was invited in 1989 to debate whether animals should have rights at the Royal Institute of Great Britain, alongside Tom Regan, Richard Ryder, Andrew Linzey, Mary Warnock, Steven Rose, and Germaine Greer,[22] and in September 1990, his name appeared on advertisements in national newspapers for the children's charity, Children's Vigils, alongside a cast of American and British celebrities, including Audrey Hepburn, Woody Allen, Cher, and Whoopi Goldberg.[23]
    So where did it all go wrong??

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Katayusha Mk2 View Post
    I've read some of his stuff and seen a few of his videos that I d/led. What Icke appears to be doing is taking legitimate examples of conspiracy and applying bizarre esoteric spin to appeal to the 'new age' market, which he seems to be making a good living out of, and in the process trivialising and obscuring the real issues. By hyping up issues of concern and reducing them to the realm of the ridiculous in the process he acts as an agent of disinformation. Icke is certainly not the fool he would have the majority take him for, he is the agent of an agenda.
    Like yourself I have read a few of his books and some of his videos and also like yourself I couldn't get the whole mixing great information with insane theories of shape shifting reptiles,it just didn't make sense,just made him seem like a complete nut.

Later though,I started to think about it and realized that the shape shifting reptiles was a metaphor,enough to keep him just under the radar as a crazy kook,least we forget Bill Cooper, in fairness he is accusing some very powerful people of all sorts of things,so if hes look upon as crazy he can always be dismissed as such.I have spoken to some other people that have come to this same conclusion.

If you watch Ron Jonson's "The Lizards and the Jews" the Canadian Jewish League actually realized it was a metaphor but believed it was a metaphor for Jews(Jon Ronson being a Jew himself).

There is also the shock PR stunt element about it,where most people talk about the shape shifting reptiles part,where as that is only less than 1% of what he is about,but its enough for people to talk about,have people like Lazarus go to see what all the fuss is about,and then its on from there,see it works.
    Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster It would be illegal, so it can't happen.

Ooops, outa here....where's my coat??

He was at one time a proffessional goalkeeper, don't they say all keepers are mad?

He spent the 80's presenting sport on the BBC. Then in the early nineties he made a now infamous appearance on Terry Wogan's chat show. Dressed in an awful turqouise tracksuit he proclaimed himself the son of God. That seemingly killed his career & marked him down as a loony.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nMq6gc1yMg"]YouTube- David Icke On Wogan[/ame]

However since the new millenium & widespread access to the internet, his career has taken an upturn. In an age where there are so many Conspiracy Theories, Icke satiates peoples apparent hunger for them. He has decided to give the most absurd, outlandish Conspiracy of them all & the people lap it up. I think his popularity stems from the fact that he isn't some obscure scientist but instead a well spoken articulate man. He sells alot of books & plays to sell out audiences.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Kvx5zZzr4"]YouTube- David Icke - Mind Control, Reptilians & Human Sacrifices 1/18[/ame]

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast