Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting up a cumann in Belfast

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Setting up a cumann in Belfast

This is to all senor FF members i am 16 and looking to set up a cumann for ogra FF in belfast but i need support from the south so if you can help me and get the word out

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what's wrong with Sinn Fein and the SDLP? Surely one of them broadly reflects your political views? What's Fianna Fail got that they don't? Or you do reject SF and the SDLP's traiterous, partitionist willingness to sit in Stormont and run the Occupied Six for the Enemy?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fair play to you. If you want it to be an official cumann you'll have to wait till (if) the Ard Comhairle decide to organise in the 6 counties (I don't know how that stands post the UK elections).

There are no such things as Ogra cumainn. However, it is possible that the Ogra NYC might be interested in finding sympathetic people in the north to help them set up Ogra branches in QUB and UU. I know that was discussed a while ago. However I think you would have to be in a university before you could set that up. Maybe you could get in touch with someone on the NYC anyway.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sry i worded my post wrong i want an offical FF cumann in belfast and a base 4 ogra FF

Default Re: Setting up a cumann in Belfast

Quote Originally Posted by dee444
    This is to all senor FF members i am 16 and looking to set up a cumann for ogra FF in belfast but i need support from the south so if you can help me and get the word out
    I think you will be a while waiting for help on that one from FF.

So dee444, care to explain what have FF got to offer that is not available from either Sinn Fein or the SDLP ?.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you need to be over 18 and able to use capital letters.
    "Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."
    Oscar Wilde

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Padraig, I thought the official SF line was that it would be a good thing if FF moved north?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Setting up a cumann in Belfast

Quote Originally Posted by padraig
    Quote Originally Posted by dee444
    I think you will be a while waiting for help on that one from FF.

So dee444, care to explain what have FF got to offer that is not available from either Sinn Fein or the SDLP ?.
    Well in fairness, Padraig, if he's pro-FF, I'm glad he isn't joining us. However the SDLP might suit him. But everyone has their own personal motivations. Maybe he thinks the SDLP raison d'etre is no more and thinks FF should dominate the soft nationalist centre instead.
    "John Bull has got his hand down your pants and his fist around your bollox and you can't see it."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

personally I don't think FF should organise in the north until the SDLP are on their last legs, even if that takes 5 or 10 years. There's no point in nailing your mast to a sinking ship, and being associated with failure and decline.

Quote Originally Posted by CJH
    Padraig, I thought the official SF line was that it would be a good thing if FF moved north?
    Yes I would like to see them do so, but it appears very unlikely they will, unless they merge with the SDLP, just curious as to why he felt the need to set up a FF cumainn rather then joining either the SDLP or Sinn Fein.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast