Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'public interest' bank director's very handsomely remunerated

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 'public interest' bank director's very handsomely remunerated

Figures show disparency in directors' fees

The public interest directors appointed by the government to the financial institutions covered by the State guarantee are paid up to six times more than directors of other State bodies.

Figures obtained by RTÉ News show the directors appointed to Anglo Irish Bank are amongst the highest paid - with Alan Dukes and Frank Daly each receiving almost €100,000 each in fees.

The figures also reveal that State-appointed directors to AIB receive €3,000 for every committee meeting they attend, on top of a basic fee.
    A spokesman for the Department of Finance said this evening that the fees reflect the recommendations of a committee looking at renumeration in the guaranteed institutions and that the fees for State-appointed directors are appropriate and relate to the scale of the operations and complexity of institutions involved
    In AIB, Dick Spring and Declan Collier receive basic fee of €27,375 and also receive €3,000 for each committee meeting they attend. The number of which they are members of and attend is not available.

At Anglo Irish Bank, Alan Dukes and Frank Daly receive basic fees of €73,600 and a committee fee of €25,760, bringing their total fees to €99,360 each.

At Irish Life and Permanent, Ray MacSharry and Margaret Hayes receive basic fees of €56,250 and Margaret Hayes also receives €7,500 for committee work, which brings her total to €63,500

At EBS, Tony Spollen and Ann Riordan both receive a basic fee of €29,000 each.
    RTÉ News: Figures show disparency in directors' fees

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No wonder Alan Dukes is trying to keep the Bankrupt Bank trading

Lenny is a lula. Surely he should have fixed the salaries of these patriotic ( my arse ) former top civil servants, ministers.........at €30,000

How amny pensions does Dukes get now.

The rich get richer and the poor pay the bills...................

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alan Dukes crucial intervention to support NAMA looks even more unhealthy in this light than it did before. Imo, it was the action of a Bought Man.

The real joke on us is that is that these so-called "Public Interest" Directors are obliged under law to act in "the Companies interest" not the public interest.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswideopen View Post

The real joke on us is that is that these so-called "Public Interest" Directors are obliged under law to act in "the Companies interest" not the public interest.
    As the State (the public) own Anglo, how does that work?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    As the State (the public) own Anglo, how does that work?
    Just the same as though we didn't own it. Is Anglo not still a trading Company ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't understand the negative reaction here

These people are being paid order €100,000 to supervise & tame unruly enterprises that have tens of thousands of staff, tens of billions of liabilities and very complex operations

Furthermore the people they watch : the banking executives - are all on pay of order €300-800k (incl pension emoluments )

We need higher quality, better paid, harder working independent directors ... throwing rocks at everything is not a helpful solution

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post

These people are being paid order €100,000 to supervise & tame unruly enterprises that have tens of thousands of staff, tens of billions of liabilities and very complex operations

Furthermore the people they watch : the banking executives - are all on pay of order €300-800k (incl pension emoluments )

We need higher quality, better paid, harder working independent directors ... throwing rocks at everything is not a helpful solution

cYp
    Yet MORE lies from the banker apologist!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it kills me to say it - but I agree with Cyp on this.

wrong target lads - its just a bit of populist ranting by the Fourth Estate that plays nicely for the Government

I wonder would RTE have had the balls to do this if any of these directors were former members of FF?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post

cYp
    We need them, but we don't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post
    it kills me to say it - but I agree with Cyp on this.

wrong target lads - its just a bit of populist ranting by the Fourth Estate that plays nicely for the Government

I wonder would RTE have had the balls to do this if any of these directors were former members of FF?
    Yeah like who is Ray McSharry ??

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast