Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tax Payer pumps close to a 1 million into IBEC coffers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Tax Payer pumps close to a 1 million into IBEC coffers.

Lots of discussion on these boards lately about tax-reliefs on Union dues. However, it would appear that the employers Union, IBEC also receive vast sums.

Taxpayer pumping close to €1m into Ibec offers - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

The Green Party Don't Accept Corporate Donations.

THEY GIVE THEM

Quote Originally Posted by Tressell View Post
    Lots of discussion on these boards lately about tax-reliefs on Union dues. However, it would appear that the employers Union, IBEC also receive vast sums.
    One twentieth of the cost of tax relief on union subs?

Those IBEC lads are far too polite when it comes to elbowing their way to the trough.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Proposition Joe View Post
    One twentieth of the cost of tax relief on union subs?

Those IBEC lads are far too polite when it comes to elbowing their way to the trough.
    Yet I understood that IBEC really represented bigger businesses, with the small lads being spoken for by ISME.

In which case that 20 to 1 ratio looks like IBEC is getting much more per member.
    When you see the words "Mises" or "Hayek" in someone's post, just ask yourself: do I really want to ban paper money and go back to gold?

You have to pity the kind of people who buy into conspiracy theories. I find the following to be the saddest words on the internet: "Re: connection between Bilderberg puppet lady gaga and viral outbreak in ukraine "

Quote Originally Posted by feargach View Post
    Yet I understood that IBEC really represented bigger businesses, with the small lads being spoken for by ISME.

In which case that 20 to 1 ratio looks like IBEC is getting much more per member.
    Unless you count all the employees of the companies that are members of IBEC. Unless of course they're also members of a trade union. In which case I guess they could be split 50:50. Or would 70:30 be more appropriate?

See where your apples-to-oranges comparisons get you?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Taxpayer pumping close to 1m into Ibec offers - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
    Hard to get my head around this. What possible logic is there in state agencies funding the work of sectoral lobbies? This should stop immediately.

Hard to think of a public expenditure we can more easily do without.
    Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through.
    - J. Swift

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Proposition Joe View Post

See where your apples-to-oranges comparisons get you?
    I was responding to your fake comparison.
    When you see the words "Mises" or "Hayek" in someone's post, just ask yourself: do I really want to ban paper money and go back to gold?

You have to pity the kind of people who buy into conspiracy theories. I find the following to be the saddest words on the internet: "Re: connection between Bilderberg puppet lady gaga and viral outbreak in ukraine "

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Hard to get my head around this. What possible logic is there in state agencies funding the work of sectoral lobbies? This should stop immediately.

Hard to think of a public expenditure we can more easily do without.
    That hit the nail on the head. Why is it up to the public to fund sectional interests?
    If once the people become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors, shall all become wolves. It seems to be the law of our general nature, in spite of individual exceptions.

Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a readymade annual saving.

Next?
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    That's a readymade annual saving.

Next?

Tax relief on union subs should nbe next
    The true "front line workers" are the private sector paye employees who are first to take the bullet. Cannon fodder for their state and the public sector.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Taxpayer pumping close to 1m into Ibec offers - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
    1million, That's barely enough to pay off a corrupt FAS employee.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast