Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Irish based companies should be allowed to invest in the 3rd world poor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Irish based companies should be allowed to invest in the 3rd world poor

It is clear that in some areas of the 3rd World that progress is not being made (especially Africa). Their political systems are unstable and civilisation rudimentary. Yet many of the individual people are clearly of good quality. They would benefit from good education and then could become productive members of society.

Thus I propose that Irish based companies should be allowed to nurture & educate 3rd World children in return for a slice of their future earnings. This clearly would need a legislative framework and the practical implementation would be decided by the demands of the company.

I’m thinking perhaps say that Microsoft might establish an education camp in say Birr (where Fás built /planned all those wasted offices) and aim to create future information workers. These workers would graduate at age 20 with say a debt of €250k- and they’d work this off in say their first 20 years of work (like a mortgage)

This would provide substantially enhanced standard of living for the 3rd World people and also give us more quality workers… a win – win ?

cYp
    Last edited by cyberianpan; 15th November 2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Added baby pic
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member The Caped Cod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    It is clear that in some areas of the 3rd World that progress is not being made (especially Africa). Their political systems are unstable and civilisation rudimentary. Yet many of the individual people are clearly of good quality. They would benefit from good education and then could become productive members of society.

Thus I propose that Irish based companies should be allowed to nurture & educate 3rd World children in return for a slice of their future earnings. This clearly would need a legislative framework and the practical implementation would be decided by the demands of the company.

I’m thinking perhaps say that Microsoft might establish an education camp in say Birr (where Fás built /planned all those wasted offices) and aim to create future information workers. These workers would graduate at age 20 with say a debt of €250k- and they’d work this off in say their first 20 years of work (like a mortgage)

This would provide substantially enhanced standard of living for the 3rd World people and also give us more quality workers… a win – win ?

cYp

Trollin, trollin, trollin, keep them threads a trollin, rawhide!

What are you trying to prove with you weak attempt at Nazi/Fascist apologies. Eugenics threads, racist threads, all under the weakest veneer of some kind of capitalistic logic. Are you out to discredit the capitalists among us today by seeing how many you can get to agree with you?
    Last edited by The Caped Cod; 2nd November 2009 at 05:21 PM.
    "Authority that cannot be questioned is tyranny and I will not accept tyranny, any tyranny, even that of heaven."
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm guessing you think we should save on airfare and just have them come over here on ships as well Cyberianpan? This is one of the stupider ideas this board has produced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is a political discussion forum where we can discuss ideas

Ireland could implement this as a pilot, and if proven it could then lift hundreds of millions from poverty

However those on the doctrinate economical left don't like any new thing that doesn't either involve
    1) Printing money from trees
    2) A command and control economy
    3) Smoked salmon & champagne for all
    4) All electricity to be sourced from the hot air of their “righteous indignation”
    And preferably all 4

cYp

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So just a modern form of indentured servitude?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I'm guessing you think we should save on airfare and just have them come over here on ships as well Cyberianpan? This is one of the stupider ideas this board has produced.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Caped Cod View Post
    Trollin, trollin, trollin, keep them threads a trollin, rawhide!

What are you trying to prove with you weak attempt at Nazi/Fascist apologies. Eugenics threads, racist threads, all under the weakest veneer of some kind of capitalistic logic. Are you out to discredit the capitalists among us today by seeing how many you can get to agree with you?
    Any chance of a debate? If you don't like threads or ideas forget them name calling isn't necessary.
    The truthiness will set you free! - Stephen Colbert.

Politics.ie Member The Caped Cod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This is political discussion forum, not trolls.ie or nuremburg.de. Your recent threads all have common element. Fascist/Nazi ideology dressed up as some kind of conservative right proposition. Personaly I don't think this is your actual belief, I reckon you're trolling to see who bites.
    Right wingers and conservatives beware.
    "Authority that cannot be questioned is tyranny and I will not accept tyranny, any tyranny, even that of heaven."
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
    So just a modern form of indentured servitude?
    Not too far from it

And the question is would it result in better outcomes for 3rd World children ?

cYp

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not too far from it

cYp
    Who cares about them?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not too far from it

cYp
    Eh, there's more to this, as initially its an abhorrent idea. When you consider the debts than some American students run up, the idea of 250k for an education isn't that unusual.

I disagree with the idea though since it focusses on one very needy group, and would really create a group of second-class workers, beholden to private companies, and we have a fairly horrible reputation when it comes to this kind of thing with the people of Africa.

You compared it to a mortgage, well, when you put this on top of a mortgage, you're getting into the territory of crippling, unpayable debt.

Private companies could invest in education in developing countries and benefit from a more well educated workforce, and more developed markets, if they were to go down this kind of route without the moral ambiguity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast