Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid should play for Ireland...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Andy Reid should play for Ireland...

Did anyone see his performance against West Ham? It was truly majestic. Scores with a stunning free kick. Brilliant crosses, tremendous corner kicks, absolutley awesome defense splitting passes. And he worked tirelessly to bring his team back into the game when they were a man down for the second half, constantly driving them forward. Not only a amazingly talented but a real character performance.

It is a travesty that this man is not even in the Ireland squad. Shame.

RT╔ Sport: Trap finds no place for either Reid
    Such a parcel of rogues in a nation!

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree 100%

If i was the maNager, he would be playing, if anyone else was managing the team, he would be playing. However, in choosing the manager, we put faith in him to make decisions on our behalf, indirectly of course. If me or you were manager, do you honestly believe that we would have taken the team undeafeted through the group?

I don't think i would have, anyway.

So ya, Andy is a terrific player, should be first name on the sheet, but like, he isn't. Lets do this after we lose to france, and then all say we told you so, its the Irish way!!

anyone hear that numpty on today FM saying that because its taxpayers money, we should have a say as to who plays??? I laughed
    Free Speech, Free the P.ie 3.

Mr Crowley, 5intheface and Gruffalo......

We demand justice for our comrades

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think we are begining to get carried away with the abilities of Andy Reid of late, but yea it is a disappointment he's not in the squad. Ireland lack creativity, Andy Reid= creativity. Hopefully if we can somehow overturn the French Trap will bring him to the world cup.
    I think it was after Stokes game last week I heard on RTE2's Premiership programme the panalists heaping praise on Whelan, it's time people woke up, yes he works hard but the suggestions that he was a brilliant passer of the ball is ridiculous. His tackling isn't even hectic, no playmaker would fear being stifled by Whelan. Andrews has a bit more to him, I'd stick Hunt in the middle before Whelan.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Travesty [ˈtrŠvɪstɪ]
    n pl -ties
    a farcical or grotesque imitation; mockery; parody
    vb -ties, -tying, -tied (tr)
    to make or be a travesty of
    [from French travesti disguised, from travestir to disguise, from Italian travestire, from tra- trans- + vestire to clothe]

I think travesty is too strong a word! also i heard a rumour bout what actually happened bewteen reid and trap, not sure at all if its true, but if it is then he shouldnt be playin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The problem with watching him at Sunderland this season is that he has Cana playing right behind him as a defensive midfielder. Ireland have no one that could do that job competently. So Reid still loses the ball a lot, and still can't really go box to box, but he has a decent player who's job it is to mop up for him. I'd have him in the world cup squad, but you could only really bring him on when you're 1-0 down after 80 mins, and conceding another doesn't matter. He offers nothing in terms of a 2 leg tie where away goals count.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by irish_shrink View Post
    Travesty [ˈtrŠvɪstɪ]
    n pl -ties
    a farcical or grotesque imitation; mockery; parody
    vb -ties, -tying, -tied (tr)
    to make or be a travesty of
    [from French travesti disguised, from travestir to disguise, from Italian travestire, from tra- trans- + vestire to clothe]

I think travesty is too strong a word! also i heard a rumour bout what actually happened bewteen reid and trap, not sure at all if its true, but if it is then he shouldnt be playin
    Trap caught him w*nking at a picture of Mrs. Trap?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by irish_shrink View Post
    i heard a rumour bout what actually happened bewteen reid and trap, not sure at all if its true, but if it is then he shouldnt be playin
    Come on......

You cant just throw it out there without details. Spill the beans.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fraxinus View Post
    I think we are begining to get carried away with the abilities of Andy Reid of late.
    Having watched the game against West Ham I cannot say I am getting carried away. The premiership is one of the top leagues in the world and in a tough premiership game he shone like a diamond. it was a truly great performance.

It has been said that he gives the ball away a lot. I saw no evidence of this. And he may not be box to box but he worked tirelessly in closing people down and won a lot of ball as well.

Even if you leave aside his creativity it seems to me that his free kicks, corner kicks, and crossing would be invaluable.
    Such a parcel of rogues in a nation!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If he can't go box to box, that leaves him at the front point of a midfield diamond. We have no one who can play and the rear point, unless we want to call Lee Carsley or Roy Keane and see what they're up to.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont know, i just heard that allegedly there was alleagtions of a squaring up and hands on one person upper throat.

again, its pure speculation. i have no back for this.

is that a libelous comment?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast