Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 123 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Pay low quality people not to have kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pay low quality people not to have kids

A New Zealand politician has recently stepped into a political storm by advocating low quality people be paid for voluntary sterilization:

OZ News

"That there is a group within our society who give their children no hope nor opportunity from the moment that they are born," the regional mayor wrote on the New Zealand radio website where he broadcasts as a talkback DJ.

"That these ‘parents’ are known to authorities ... and yet the authorities can only intervene after children have been harmed."

Mr Laws goes on to write: "it would be far better for this appalling underclass to be offered financial inducements not to have children, given the toxic environment that they would provide for any child in their care."
    He is suggesting that a ~ €5,000 bribe would be adequate

I think we should consider this in Ireland. In housing estates around the country there are many people having children and frankly it is cruel to the children. Now there are of course some upstanding people who are on long term dole (due to medical reasons etc) and I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about the petty criminals , alcoholics & other drug addicts. Currently the State gives massive subsidies for rearing these children (dole, children's allowance, housing, health etc) and I think it is a cruel thing for the State to do. These children will grow up in misery and be at risk of going into crime & an early death.

So I propose we offer a €15,000 bribe to all long term dolers if they underwent voluntary sterilization. It would represent good value for money when you consider the future cost of those children to the State.

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member The Caped Cod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Can you please give a definition of "low quality people" along with your salary, educational achievements, tax returns, a letter from your parish priest and birthcert so I can decide where I sit on the people quality metre as compared to you.

Seriously though this is a rather dangerous line of thought. Are you really willing to allow OUR STATE (and not just some theoetical state democraticly run with honest intelligent elected politicinas) to decide who should and shouldn't have children? Sterilisation, even on a voluntary basis, based on your "quality" could lead to some rather totalitarian results should enough people fail to "volunteer" and those "offered" this choice are no longer in a position to say no.
    "Authority that cannot be questioned is tyranny and I will not accept tyranny, any tyranny, even that of heaven."
    - Terry Pratchett

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    A New Zealand politician has recently stepped into a political storm by advocating low quality people be paid for voluntary sterilization:

He is suggesting that a ~ €5,000 bribe would be adequate

I think we should consider this in Ireland. In housing estates around the country there are many people having children and frankly it is cruel to the children. Now there are of course some upstanding people who are on long term dole (due to medical reasons etc) and I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about the petty criminals , alcoholics & other drug addicts. Currently the State gives massive subsidies for rearing these children (dole, children's allowance, housing, health etc) and I think it is a cruel thing for the State to do. These children will grow up in misery and be at risk of going into crime & an early death.

So I propose we offer a €15,000 bribe to all long term dolers if they underwent voluntary sterilization. It would represent good value for money when you consider the future cost of those children to the State.

cYp
    FFS. Will you ever just piss off?!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Freakonomics lads presented a compelling argument that abortion caused a large drop in serious crime rates about 15 to 20 years later, since a generation of crims-to-be had never made it to birth.
    You may not like the eugenics aspect of this proposal, but it is clear that it is based on sound logic.
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Caped Cod View Post
    Can you please give a definition of "low quality people" along with your salary, educational achievements, tax returns, a letter from your parish priest and birthcert so I can decide where I sit on the people quality metre as compared to you.

Seriously though this is a rather dangerous line of thought. Are you really willing to allow OUR STATE (and not just some theoetical state democraticly run with honest intelligent elected politicinas) to decide who should and shouldn't have children? Sterilisation, even on a voluntary basis, based on your "quality" could lead to some rather totalitarian results should enough people fail to "volunteer" and those "offered" this choice are no longer in a position to say no.
    Cyp would like to see the world mainly inhabited by rich people. He forgets that these "low quality" people will produce children which his children will need to sweep their roads, collect their bins, clean their toilets etc. [His conception of a "high quality" person probably couldn't manage these menial tasks for themselves at all!]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can you please give a definition of "low quality people" .
    Well the State already has very stringent standards regards adoption, I'd suggest these could be used

Seriously though this is a rather dangerous line of thought. Are you really willing to allow OUR STATE (and not just some theoetical state democraticly run with honest intelligent elected politicinas) to decide who should and shouldn't have children?
    It already does regards adoption

I think it is cruel to let some people have children

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He is suggesting that a ~ €5,000 bribe would be adequate I think we should consider this in Ireland. cYp
    From the sort of crap you post on this site, I'd start with the likes of you..........up against a wall!!!!
    Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for Pink Floyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Patrick Bateman suggested this, but then confessed (honestly, I think) that he was trolling.

That wouldn't work, you'd need to get them before they have kids, while they're still in school. Offer it to 15-16 year old girls. You could even lower the incentive - €5,000 buys an awful lot of sweets or iPods or drugs, or whatever the kids are into these days.
    Nothing will motivate the lazy / apathetic / Americanised / west-British types to embrace their culture and the Irish language.

Politics.ie Member The Caped Cod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well the State already has very stringent standards regards adoption, I'd suggest these could be used

It already does regards adoption

I think it is cruel to let some people have children

cYp
    Adoption regards the safety and security of someone else's child that is now in the care of the state. I wouldn't trust alot of people with my child, does that mean that I think they are unfit parents when it cmes to their own children?
    Sterilisation and adoption have nothing in common. Better arguement.
    "Authority that cannot be questioned is tyranny and I will not accept tyranny, any tyranny, even that of heaven."
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While I strongly object to the use of the words "low quality" people (Stephen Hawking of ubermensch/untermensch fame would be proud) - there are cases where a mother/father is proven to be abusive and/or is a deadbeat where i wouldn't mind seeing them giving themselves up voluntarily to having their tubes tied/ vasectomy.

Bringing even more kids into an already sh*tty situation helps no one.
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.'' ~ J. Edgar Hoover http://tiny.cc/b2jo9

Page 1 of 123 123451151101 ... LastLast