Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the long term unemployed be allowed to have children?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Should the long term unemployed be allowed to have children?

Okay this is a topic that interests me, my girlfriend comes from a family where her parents didn't work for the best part of 20 years because her mother was very reliant on her husband because she suffers from Agoraphobia, my girlfriend is one of five but her father had to give up work after the birth of their third child (my girlfriends younger sister who's 29) because she developed post natal depression, yet stupidly they went on to have a further 2 kids knowing dam well they couldn't afford to have more children, my girlfriend is the only one in her family who has achieved anything with her life.

I'm just asking the question should people who are a LONG TERM burden on the tax payer be allowed to have more kids and if they have more kids should they lose all their social welfare benefits for having the braindead stupidity to have more kids even though they are long term unemployed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How exactly would you go about enforcing this diktat?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cellach View Post
    How exactly would you go about enforcing this diktat?
    Sterlisation of anyone who is able bodied and has been on the dole greater than 3 years, analysis of social welfare records. Its not that difficult, able bodied long term unemployed people are a cancer ion the hard working Irish taxpayer.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should mean, judgmental, freedom-denying people be allowed to have children?

Quote Originally Posted by True Republican View Post
    Okay this is a topic that interests me, my girlfriend comes from a family where her parents didn't work for the best part of 20 years because her mother was very reliant on her husband because she suffers from Agoraphobia, my girlfriend is one of five but her father had to give up work after the birth of their third child (my girlfriends younger sister who's 29) because she developed post natal depression, yet stupidly they went on to have a further 2 kids knowing dam well they couldn't afford to have more children, my girlfriend is the only one in her family who has achieved anything with her life.

I'm just asking the question should people who are a LONG TERM burden on the tax payer be allowed to have more kids and if they have more kids should they lose all their social welfare benefits for having the braindead stupidity to have more kids even though they are long term unemployed?
    Are you advocating that their unborn be aborted? Or that they should eat the child afterwards (you said lose all their benefits, so theyll not be able to feed the child or themselves.

are you this unpleasant in real life, "true" republican?

Sterlisation of anyone who is able bodied and has been on the dole greater than 3 years, analysis of social welfare records. Its not that difficult, able bodied long term unemployed people are a cancer ion the hard working Irish taxpayer.
    this is a joke, right?

(I mean the bit about you having a job, of course...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sterlisation of anyone who is able bodied and has been on the dole greater than 3 years
    With our Health Service, the children would be born, have grown up and died by the time their parents got a date for the procedure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dangerous slippery slope there ...

You would do Malthus proud "true" republican
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.'' ~ J. Edgar Hoover http://tiny.cc/b2jo9

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dotski_w_ View Post
    Are you advocating that their unborn be aborted? Or that they should eat the child afterwards (you said lose all their benefits, so theyll not be able to feed the child or themselves.

are you this unpleasant in real life, "true" republican?
    I'm pro life by the way on abortion, no they should have their kids taken off them if they choose to have more kids, as the old saying goes "If you can't afford to have kids don't have them pure and simple".

Why should I as a taxpayer have to fund people's generous welfare lifestyle so they can get a bigger house for breeding kids like confetti at a wedding knowing dam well they can't afford to have more kids.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think that maybe you should sit down with your girlfriends family and explain your views on this topic . Then you can come on this forum and we will all have a chat about it .

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast