Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Isn't it time that we had a National ID Card

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Isn't it time that we had a National ID Card

Now that the US and UK are bringing in ID Cards, Should we not follow, imagine going up to a bar door the bouncer says some id please, you swipe your card on a machine and off you go. Drivers licence could be just enabled on the card, no more paperwork.

I really feel it is time for a National ID Card System in Ireland. Where it is against the law for a Citizen not to carry one, no more scum bags on street corners giving false Names to the Gardai ( if they do not have there card well i am sorry jail time or Fine )

The TIME HAS COME - What do you think

Default Re: Isn't it time that we had a National ID Card

Quote Originally Posted by madboggar
    Now that the US and UK are bringing in ID Cards, Should we not follow, imagine going up to a bar door the bouncer says some id please, you swipe your card on a machine and off you go. Drivers licence could be just enabled on the card, no more paperwork.

I really feel it is time for a National ID Card System in Ireland. Where it is against the law for a Citizen not to carry one, no more scum bags on street corners giving false Names to the Gardai ( if they do not have there card well i am sorry jail time or Fine )

The TIME HAS COME - What do you think
    Why should Ireland impose ID cards on its citizens, or do you think we have to mimic everything the US and the UK does.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hold up there

It is not a case of Mimicing anyone, i just think that a National ID Card is a better system to have, opening back a/c's etc the old system of displaying a bill and then your passport and then driver Licence is in the dark ages. I think that a National ID Card, properly implemented would see Ireland make major advances.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Isn't it time that we had a National ID Card

Where it is against the law for a Citizen not to carry one, no more scum bags on street corners giving false Names to the Gardai ( if they do not have there card well i am sorry jail time or Fine )
    The used to do that in the DDR too as a way of locking up political dissenters. Its would give too much power to the Gardai and they have shown themsleves to be a corruptable and petty force in the past.

I opposse this idea.
    "Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."
    Oscar Wilde

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is the thing in this country, this is not about the Gardai, Government this would free up all the Government Agencies of all this paperwork.

I feel myself that a ID card is on the way with the Launching of the PPS Number anyway

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is the thing in this country, this is not about the Gardai, Government this would free up all the Government Agencies of all this paperwork.

Ya wha????
    Oscar Wilde

Default Re: Hold up there

It is not a case of Mimicing anyone, i just think that a National ID Card is a better system to have, opening back a/c's etc the old system of displaying a bill and then your passport and then driver Licence is in the dark ages. I think that a National ID Card, properly implemented would see Ireland make major advances.
    Having a passport or drivers lience is a choice made by the individual, imposing ID cards on people by the state is not.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I call on all readers too bring this to the attention of your local TD and let Ireland be the leader in National ID system

I feel myself that a ID card is on the way with the Launching of the PPS Number anyway
    Are you for real ?.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Troll alert!
    Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast