Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackie Healy-Rae withdrawing support from Government over Drink Driving Limit

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Jackie Healy-Rae withdrawing support from Government over Drink Driving Limit

JHR has announced on Newstalk that he will be withdrawing his support for the government over the proposed reduced drink driving limit and will vote against the measure in the Dail. He stated that his mind is made up and that he will not be reversing his decision.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kerrynorth View Post
    JHR has announced on Newstalk that he will be withdrawing his support for the government over the proposed reduced drink driving limit and will vote against the measure in the Dail. He stated that his mind is made up and that he will not be reversing his decision.
    So what. He knows the Opposition won't oppose the Bill, so he just gets a free pass to his joke "standing up for ordinary rural people" routine.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's some boyo, the country is literally going down the tubes and he is concerned about the rural man who wants to drive down to the pub, have a few drinks and drive home.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hilarious.
    The only thing is that it puts the opposition in a difficult position as they will be opposing the limit reduction if they vote with the backbench gombeens and Jackie Healy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am sceptical about the proposed reduction in the drinking limit but potentially pulling down the government over it while supporting Nama and the HSE is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smitchy2 View Post
    Hilarious.
    The only thing is that it puts the opposition in a difficult position as they will be opposing the limit reduction if they vote with the backbench gombeens and Jackie Healy.
    The word is that Gilmore will oppose the reduction to 50. He wants 49.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It puts the opposition in a difficult position as they will now have to support the government because they want an election even less than the government and need this government to be the one's to deliver the 2010 budget

the only reason jakie is opposed to this is because he himself and his family run a pub, dont they?

im nearly sure i was in it once upon a time whilst i took a break in kerry to do the ring, its more so like an old house with the fireplace and all that ,and the men and women go to different sides, now i do stand to be corrected but im nearly sure thet healy rae owns this pub ,does anypone know the name of it or acn any one second this.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you listen to his victory circus two years ago (youtube) after his campaign manager told his racist joke about the KKK, JHR seems to suggest (semi cohernt so cant be certain) that the guards should look the other way when they were driving home from Kenmare later that night.
    Cue roars of approval from the assembled slack jaws

Total and utter tosser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I am sceptical about the proposed reduction in the drinking limit but potentially pulling down the government over it while supporting Nama and the HSE is ridiculous.

+1

Ahhh sure its ok if you fucc over the population and force them into a colossol inter-generational debt .... but don't try and mess with my right to drink and drive !

Im trying to see the funny side of his set of values (without much luck) .

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast