Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: Bin Charges

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Bin Charges

    Fingal Co Council has cancelled its bin charge relief scheme for low income families and the elderly, do they really expect that people in these categories will pay waste charges rather than eat.

    This decision is disgraceful and inept
    Regards, Pat Gill

  2. #2
    birthday
    Guest

    Default

    Indeed it is a disgrace. The Minister needs to step in.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mostly in Europe
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I fear that these people affected might be tempted to deal with their refuse disposal in a less than acceptable manner.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Was there a vote on this?

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by absconded View Post
    I fear that these people affected might be tempted to deal with their refuse disposal in a less than acceptable manner.
    And it only took you a few moments to see the result of this decision in the real world, it rather begs the question, how smart are the people who take these decisions.
    Regards, Pat Gill

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    corkford
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiannafailure View Post
    Fingal Co Council has cancelled its bin charge relief scheme for low income families and the elderly, do they really expect that people in these categories will pay waste charges rather than eat.

    This decision is disgraceful and inept
    so leave it to working joe to foot the bill is it as usual ?, 200 plus a week is plenty and you can eat like a king for 50 leaving you plenty for you to pay to have your own waste removed

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatso64 View Post
    so leave it to working joe to foot the bill is it as usual ?, 200 plus a week is plenty and you can eat like a king for 50 leaving you plenty for you to pay to have your own waste removed
    You know a person who can make a statement like this is not only an idiot, he must still be living with his mammy.
    Regards, Pat Gill

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Fingal Co. Co. don't care about the consequences.
    Maintaining the environment isn't a concern of theirs.

    I can't even get them to add our estate to the street sweeper route even though our estate is one of the closest to the Council Offices where it is stored and they'd be passing the estate everyday.
    In the space of seven years we've gone from free rubbish collection to a tag system at 4:50 for a large wheelie bin to 8.50 euro with a fixed fee of 110 regardless of how little rubbish you throw out.
    You can't even bring stuff to the local recycle centre without paying to get in and the hours of business on the local recycle centre have been stripped back so that it is seldom open outside normal business hours when members of the public would be able to make use of it's services.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dipole View Post
    Fingal Co. Co. don't care about the consequences.
    Maintaining the environment isn't a concern of theirs.

    I can't even get them to add our estate to the street sweeper route even though our estate is one of the closest to the Council Offices where it is stored and they'd be passing the estate everyday.
    In the space of seven years we've gone from free rubbish collection to a tag system at €4:50 for a large wheelie bin to 8.50 euro with a fixed fee of €110 regardless of how little rubbish you throw out.
    You can't even bring stuff to the local recycle centre without paying to get in and the hours of business on the local recycle centre have been stripped back so that it is seldom open outside normal business hours when members of the public would be able to make use of it's services.
    And yet they spent a lot of money in order to be declared the competent authority in this policy area.
    Regards, Pat Gill

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    watch public dumping shoot through the roof.

    IIRC theres still about 25% of people whove never paid bin charges in their life as theyve been doing this instead since day one and it gets SOD all attention in the press.

    watch holloween, i bet you anyting you'll see domestic refuse being chucked on bonfires in the area.

    this decision is just dumb.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •