Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: You're favourite Sunday Mass newspaper

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default You're favourite Sunday Mass newspaper

I haven't seen anything on this in a long time, but what's you're favourite newspaper at Sunday mass. Is it

the Universe
    the Irish Catholic

or

Alive

As for me, I think i'm more of an Alive reader. It is more of a wild ride type of newspaper and is not afraid to take on our modern secular society like the other two. But the other two are good descent catholic newspapers.

Whats you're favourite newspaper at mass?
    I know what it is I want, but I cannot answer the question when my conscience asks why.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Given your views no wonder you read the tripe that is Alive! Blank toilet paper has more intellectual depth than that rag.
    "In [Ireland] a wife is regarded as a chattel, just as a thoroughbred mare or cow." Mr Justice Butler in the Irish courts. 'Traditional Marriage' in the 1970s.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyO'Brien View Post
    Given your views no wonder you read the tripe that is Alive! Blank toilet paper has more intellectual depth than that rag.
    Such a holy publication with much to teach, influence and inform towards the greater benefit of our lord is no piece of toilet paper. Those disgusting magazines with the women are toilet paper for a society gone morally bankrupt, and out of touch with its spiritual side. Alive it the key to a better media and way of reading for everybody. And it's free to- cool!!
    I know what it is I want, but I cannot answer the question when my conscience asks why.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellhathno View Post
    Such a holy publication with much to teach, influence and inform towards the greater benefit of our lord is no piece of toilet paper. Those disgusting magazines with the women are toilet paper for a society gone morally bankrupt, and out of touch with its spiritual side. Alive it the key to a better media and way of reading for everybody. And it's free to- cool!!
    Don´t be confusing spirituality with religion - certainly not religion of the rule-book variety

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anything but Alive.

The first thing I do when it comes in my door is I scan for the Euro-scepticism. Laugh. Then Throw it in the recycling bin.

It's a nice monthly ritual I've built up.

I've also successfully got the newspaper banned from my local parish church. I saw a man in a wheelchair leave with one after mass and I felt so sorry. If he were to see the parts where they claim that the EU is going to impose euthanasia on Ireland then it's likely that he'd be very scared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're favourite Sunday Mass newspaper
    The one that knows how to spell 'your'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Idiot troll at large.

What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?

Politics.ie Member The Caped Cod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyO'Brien View Post
    Is 'hellhathno' another of Patrick Bateman's sockpuppets?

Bateman said he was effectively testing responses of people on this site by appearing with identities and making wild extreme claims. He did that as 'Patrick Bateman', then as 'Tompatrick' who replaced Bateman except for the odd reappearance of 'Patrick Bateman' to launch homophobic attacks. 'Tompatrick' disappeared and 'Hellhathno' appeared, with the same modus operandi

- taking extreme positions
    - bombarding the site with provocative extreme threads
    - the language and debating styles are the same.
    - the spelling mistakes and grammatical mistakes are the same.
    - using an image of the 'Sacred Heart', and quoting from the extremist rag 'Alive!' are the sort of provocative things Bateman and his socks would do.

I smell a rat behind all of it. It looks like just another Bateman stunt to provoke, offend and annoy people to see what response he gets.
    http://www.politics.ie/political-hum...bye-again.html
    "Authority that cannot be questioned is tyranny and I will not accept tyranny, any tyranny, even that of heaven."
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ask Dr. Ruth or Fr. Brian Darsey or the durty phone numbers.....or for the more intellectuals among you...Pub Spy.
    If you want a laugh.........
    http://ancruiskeenlawnmower.wordpress.com/

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is Mass? Link please.

I know O'Conaire wrote a ss called Mass'll bug you, was he right?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast