Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Mansfield & respect for the law

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's nice, a guy knocked down a protected structure worth several million euro near me because he couldn't get planning permission on the site and Dublin City Council, in their infinate wisdom, brought a case in the District Court against him with the consequence of him receiving a fine which I could, as a student, have funded out of my current account.

A DEVELOPER who illegally demolished a 19th-century convent in south Dublin has been fined €1,000 at Dublin District Court.

Kimpton Vale Ltd based at College Fort, Carpenterstown, Dublin, was taken to court by Dublin City Council following the demolition of the Presentation Convent at Terenure Road West on November 4th, 2006.
    They had originally said they were going to make him reinstate it at a cost of 12 million... then brought a case in the District Court... and we're surprised the country is a mess.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RTÉ News: East Wall fire investigated

I never heard what started the fire, dunno if it was an accident. Maybe I should ask the fireman

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There's a deal to be done here, but I doubt it's by NAMA. Offer him 50% of the paid value of the land, then complete the building as a centre for the public good. Nursing Home, Hospice, School, whatever. There's no point tearing it down now, but Kimpton Vale can't be allowed make their money back.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This story is over 3 years old...surely this is old news?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Sorry never noticed that, he got away with it then

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SamVimesBoots Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnb

I can't speak for the OP, but I think the point of posting this is that Mr Mansfield has, shall we say, form when it comes to a certain lack of respect for the law of the land, which may be relevant when it comes to all the rumours about him swirling around this week.

He just likes sailing close to the wind. He is not afraid of much. Which is why, I suppose, he is successful. I admire that.

O2 seeks to block Citywest's Disney show - *****Irish News - MSN News

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by itchy View Post
    He just likes sailing close to the wind. He is not afraid of much. Which is why, I suppose, he is successful. I admire that.
    Right, so you admire men who have never provided a satisfactory explanation for the source of their wealth, who constantly break the planning laws of the land with impunity and then get their bought mates in politics to retrospectively make it all OK, who have been responsible for the current collapse in the economy by pushing their lunatic property bubble, and who are allegedly involved in massive criminality on a huge scale?

People like you need to be sterilised.
    Soul almost completely worn through

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SamVimesBoots View Post
    Right, so you admire men who have never provided a satisfactory explanation for the source of their wealth, who constantly break the planning laws of the land with impunity and then get their bought mates in politics to retrospectively make it all OK, who have been responsible for the current collapse in the economy by pushing their lunatic property bubble, and who are allegedly involved in massive criminality on a huge scale?

People like you need to be sterilised.
    Ok.

It's kind of like poker players having no respect for authority; it's just business

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast