Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Rank and File Catholics Deeply Hurt By Dublin Diocese Report

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Rank and File Catholics Deeply Hurt By Dublin Diocese Report

As a follower of the Church, I have to say that I am in no way looking forward to the publication of the Dublin Diocese Report into child abuse. In fact, I am quite sickened by it. I'm sure every single one of my comrades feels the same. At this point in time, the most important thing is that the report is published which will enable those victims to get recompense in a stream-lined manner, whilst ensuring that high-grade evidence against those criminals responsible for inflicting evil is available.

The clergy are tasked with a gruelling job of cutting out the cancer and finding the resources to compensate victims, whilst at the same time getting on with all their other responsibilities within the Church. This is not an easy time and all stakeholders in the process need support, encouragement and above all, prayer. There are some desperate cases that need attention and some very tough decisions will need to be made.

I hope that the victims will find some comfort in the publication of this report and that they can find it in their hearts to forgive those people responsible for inflicting great evil on them. Some may remain scarred and bitter till the day they die - some are already dead - some are so anxious and upset that they can't bring themselves to relive the horrors they went through. It's these people my thoughts and prayers are with.

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I sympathise with your plight, but nonetheless hope the cancer is politically terminal.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only reason that it is has taken so long for all this to come to light is because the catholic churh and its plantation slaves in the Irish Civil Service have been fighting tooth and nail to suppress the information.

'Forgiveness' the OP mentions. The only people who were 'forgiven' were the paedophiles and sadists within the church who were routinely offered 'forgiveness' by the church and never reported to the authorities. And then released to another parish to commit the same crimes they'd committed before.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While your thoughts and prayers may be well intentioned towards those that suffered from the inhumane cruelty and abuse from the church is it not revealing that your opening paragraphs deals with the hurt you and others in the church feel, what a struggle it will be to deal with the aftermath and how the church can move forward and only then turns to the abused!

The main remorse that the church feels about this report is that it is being publiushed at all. The church tried to cover all this up for so long, was that because of a feeling or remorse for the victims???

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and all those involved in the church. It is time for those (and I accept that it is the vast, vast majority) involved in the church who had no dealings in this to stand up and demand action from Rome. Demand defrockings(is that the term?), the church should be leading the criminal charges against the prients etc, offering free legal advice, barristers etc.

If Rome would do it's duty (moral if not legal, and what is the church without morals?) then those good and honourable servants of the church should refuse to continue to do it's work, a strike if you will. This continuing acknowlegement of wrongdoing without any real action comes across of cynical and cowardly. God does not belong to the chruch, if Rome won't do the right thing lets start again without them and focus and the good work that can be done in the name of Jesus, I don't need some pedo apologist, morally corrupt man in white robes to tell me how to pray.
    "I've said it before, and I'll say it again: democracy just doesn't work". - Kent Brockman

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It should come as no surprise! Let you children no where near a priest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthflyer View Post
    The first sentence at least, is very, very true. I think it's instructive that some are keeping eyes dry until the report is out. They already know roughly what's in it. Everybody does.

Why cry only at the report's publication?

My explanation is that their tears relate more to the media Tsunami that's about to hit their beloved Church than to the suffering of its victims.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah cmon now. Be fair. Only 1 in 20 priests is likely to try to bugger your child so chances are, they'd be perfectly safe.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agree with AS on the first part of your sentence. I'm not sure what you mean by the second half of the sentence whether you mean to keep kids away from the priests to protect them from organised religion or from abuse. If its the latter, its quite unfair as the majority of priests are not abusers and it would not serve any child as a protection strategy as the majority of the huge amount of sexual abuse is not committed by priests.

The Catholic Church has behaved in the most disgusting depraved fashion in ensuring that more children would be abused by not dealing with the abusers and it is right that they feel the full force of the result of their actions.

However my fear is that kids who are going through the horrors today, are being missed by the concentration on Church members' abuse. Families are the site of most abuse. What do we do about that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think non-clerical child abuse is a topic for another thread (and perhaps even another occasion).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

THE spectacle of Cardinal Desmond Connell rushing to the High Court to muzzle Archbishop Diarmuid Martin's open policy of co-operation with the State inquiry into the Dublin Archdiocese was the most serious breach of the rock-solid outward unity normally displayed by members of the Irish Hierarchy.

No Secrets
    I watched with glee, while your kings and queens, fought for ten decades for the gods they made.

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast