Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Independent is ton of crap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sunday Independent is ton of crap

I never buy it but it has waged a continuous propaganda war against the Public sector. I wish very strongly for its collapse-its a rag tabloid dressed up as a serious paper. Can anyone name one journalist on it that actually does any real research? Its simply made iof opinion pieces. Even if you agree with its attack on Public Sector-you must admit it was a cheerleader for the housing boom. Was it Brendan O'Connor who stated (as market began to collapse) that now (2007) was a good time to buy. They even have that twat Mark Coleman from Newstalk who stated in same year that long term prospects of housing market were good(population blah blah) and who is now presenting himself as having predicted collapse all long!

They will snipe at FF then tell you to support them in an election. Its amazing how much parroting of their right wing nonsense you see repeated on this site

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riker1969 View Post
    I never buy it but it has waged a continuous propaganda war against the Public sector. I wish very strongly for its collapse-its a rag tabloid dressed up as a serious paper. Can anyone name one journalist on it that actually does any real research? Its simply made iof opinion pieces. Even if you agree with its attack on Public Sector-you must admit it was a cheerleader for the housing boom. Was it Brendan O'Connor who stated (as market began to collapse) that now (2007) was a good time to buy. They even have that twat Mark Coleman from Newstalk who stated in same year that long term prospects of housing market were good(population blah blah) and who is now presenting himself as having predicted collapse all long!

They will snipe at FF then tell you to support them in an election. Its amazing how much parroting of their right wing nonsense you see repeated on this site
    I don't like the anti-RepublicaN, revisionist rethoric that is spouted out every Sunday but yes I support their analysis of the public sector.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie users tend not to be very fond of that particular newspaper.

If O'Brien takes it over, it'll still be a far-right rag, but at least O'Connor,
    Harris etc. might get their marching orders.
    "I did not intend to be funny. I disapprove of humour".
    Glennshane. 7th. Sep. 2009.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know its thick and full of it but hardly a ton?
    Beer is proof that God loves us - Benjamin Franklin

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's the vacuous supplements that I can't stand. Who are these celebrities that keep appearing, rhetorical question, I don't care and would prefer if they saved the trees that go into the pulp.
    The truthiness will set you free! - Stephen Colbert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by True Republican View Post
    I don't like the anti-RepublicaN, revisionist rethoric that is spouted out every Sunday but yes I support their analysis of the public sector.
    Analysis is a bit of a stretch. There is alternative data. Maggie Thatcher used to say-Beware Consensus. It usually means people ran towards the easiest solution and based it on doubtful data. I tend to doubt mass opinion for very good reasons. However,most people on this site never look for the alternative data-why should they when they can keep O'Reilly and his heirs comfortable by buying their nonsense. I will put it up again (data) but it gets snowed under by the masses following their Master (O'Reilly) views.

They told you to Vote FF and supported Boom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riker1969 View Post

Welcome to 1999, i wouldn't wipe me arse with it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonpartyboy View Post
    Welcome to 1999, i wouldn't wipe me arse with it.
    1993/4 and their extraordinarily vicious campaign of vilification against John Hume got it banned forever in this house.

It's like taking people like Lenny seriously. It bothers and frustrates and annoys you, but once you realise they are scumbags and nothing they have to say has any possible relevance, or any truth whatsoever, then you can just blank their shyte talk from your life for good. Makes for a much more pleasant life if you identify the spoofers and gobsheens and sociopaths and simply cut them out.
    Soul almost completely worn through

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i like it but then again i like a little low brow T+A with my weekly dose of hard news

alan ruddock is an excellent anylist , john drennan is always insightfull with his wry witty observations and declan lynch is a very warm humerous collumnist

regarding its exposing of the public sector gravy train , surely the private sector is allowed one champion , the state sector has everyone else in the print press and both tv networks when you consider tv3,s sole political show is fronted by a socilist

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast