Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Irish homes not safe as our army protects people in Africa.

Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Irish homes not safe as our army protects people in Africa.

Todays RTE news at one reported :

[1]a horrific attack on an elderly woman living alone in her own home in the Waterford area by 3 men who beat her and tied her to a post in the middle of the night and

[2] on the Irish army in Chad protecting the inhabitents from attacks.

Im beginning to wonder is our army in the wrong place.
    Last edited by The Field Marshal; 14th October 2009 at 10:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great thread

Sure let's recall our peacekeepers and F**k the rest of the world huh?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post

[1]a horrific attack on an elderly woman living alone in her own home in the Killkenny area by 3 men who beat her and tied her to a post in the middle of the night and

No. But your brain obviously is, is you can equate a robbery with preventing genocide.
    "In [Ireland] a wife is regarded as a chattel, just as a thoroughbred mare or cow." Mr Justice Butler in the Irish courts. 'Traditional Marriage' in the 1970s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[1]a horrific attack on an elderly woman living alone in her own home in the Killkenny area by 3 men who beat her and tied her to a post in the middle of the night and

How do i put this without offending you looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am proud of the job our army do abroad. Me are a fortunate country no matter how bad we think we are now.

I guess you want them policing the streets of Ireland?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so what exactly would the army have done to prevent this attack if they weren't in Africa?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would be fairly sure that when they catch these creatures you will find that they have plenty of form. The army ain't going to help this as the police keep catching the same guys over and over and they and us are failed by the state and judiciary.Our criminal justice system is so flawed and arcane that it needs a complete overhaul. Will not be holding my breath though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The day the army is pulled in to police the streets of the South it would be a very sad day as a total breakdown of law and order would of happened or a natural disaster of gross magnitude.

The army in Chad are doing a good job in extremely difficult circumstances. Having talked to a number of guys who were over there, they report that the base is attacked on an almost daily basis. Sometimes by rebels and sometimes by their so called allies, the Chad army. Its a miracle they haven't sustained a casualty yet. If there is criticism on what they're doing there it should fall on the direction of the mission.

Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The purpose of my post was to highlight the breakdown in law and order in Ireland.
    Quite clearly the state is beginning to fail in its primary duty which is to ensure that citizens feel safe in their own homes.

My reference to the Irish army was intended to
    a] highlight the lack of priorities in government expenditure and
    b] voice support for McCarthy report to stop wasting taxpayers money on dubious foreign adventures

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The two issues have nothing to do with each other, but to discuss the issue of the attack on the elderly woman: only within the last couple of week a perfectly good motion was put before the government which would allow people to defend their homes. It was recommended that anyone who attacked or robbed an elderly person should receive a minimum automatic 3 year sentence.

I thought this was brilliant, but of course our backwards dumb@ss government rejected the proposal because it was put forward by a back bencher, and good God, they could not support a perfectly good idea from a back bencher.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast