Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kenny 'on €1m' as RTE to reveal stars' salaries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Kenny 'on €1m' as RTE to reveal stars' salaries

RTE will lift the lid on how much it pays its top stars today with Pat Kenny understood to have taken home over €1m.

The former 'Late Late Show' host earned over €800,000 in 2006, however this is believed to have risen to in excess of €1m a year later.

Such a payout is almost four times that of Taoiseach Brian Cowen, showing the pulling power of the station's best known presenter.

The figures for 2007, paid out at the height of the economic boom, will be a cause of embarrassment for the national broadcaster as it wrestles with a €68m budget shortfall.

However these massive pay packets have since been whittled down somewhat as the big name RTE stars have all agreed to accept pay cuts in the past year.

Topping the list in 2006, Kenny earned €850,000 for his morning radio show and the 'Late Late'. 2FM's Gerry Ryan took home just under €600,000 for his radio show while Marian Finucane earned €455,190.

Kenny 'on €1m' as RTE to reveal stars' salaries - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Politics.ie Member Victor Meldrew's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nuts. No-one is worth over 250k in Ireland's market. If the UK want to spend more on 'stars' then so let them. This is a symptom of very weak management at RTE. This is why I can't listen to any of these guys talk about hardship... To them it's just titilation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A million euro for Alan Partridge, mad stuff. What annoys me is Gerry Ryan getting any of my tv licence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What galls me is Kenny's constant outrage about other people's salaries.

Pat Kenny spoke about our Elvis story on his radio show 8 January 1997. See my blog below..

I spoke to Marian Finucane on-air about the story and also Gerry Ryan, Anne Doyle, Gareth O' Callaghan, Ray d'Arcy, and many more RTE TV and Radio show presenters over the years. But never since 2002 because I dared to complain about a silly remark made about me on RTE radio, on-air.

They did serve a (my ) purpose but they are not worth that kind of money.........nowhere near!!!

-

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    What galls me is Kenny's constant outrage about other people's salaries.
    nothing quite like hypocrisy
    “Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew View Post
    Nuts. No-one is worth over 250k in Ireland's market. If the UK want to spend more on 'stars' then so let them. This is a symptom of very weak management at RTE. This is why I can't listen to any of these guys talk about hardship... To them it's just titilation.
    They give into "stars" demands so they can justify their own massive salaries. RTE should be benchmarked against a reional BBC unit like BBC Manchester or BBC Scotland. The management and stars in those units get a lot lot less than the MOntrose peacocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What would happen if they cut his salary, would he move to the US or the UK?

Who else would pay to listen to the feckin ejit?

He'd be very lucky to make it as an after midnight news reader on a regional channel in the UK.

His current salary is up there with JoD's shenanigans.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by politicaldonations View Post
    They give into "stars" demands so they can justify their own massive salaries. RTE should be benchmarked against a reional BBC unit like BBC Manchester or BBC Scotland. The management and stars in those units get a lot lot less than the MOntrose peacocks.
    yup.

everyone talking about pat kennys million means no ones talking about the average wage in RTE being 68k a year and them having one manager for every six people.

cant have that now, someone might look for reform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Full list here of earns what exactly Irish Election RTE Salary Newsdump Pat Kenny on ?950,000 in 2008

Kenny on 950k

Gerry Ryan 629k

Marian 570k

Chinless wonder 533k

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast