Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: irrespective of Celtic tiger, Young People < 30 doomed

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default irrespective of Celtic tiger, Young People < 30 doomed

im 25, and i i speak first hand of my experiences. let me outline a few obvious real economic gloomy factors thats going to bring this state to its knees very soon.
    1. its impossible now to get a mortgage on your own if single.
    2. the bank wants to see you with someone. (forcing you into a relationship)
    3. 4.5 times your salary wouldnt buy the gates of any decent property.
    4. the starting wages of most people out of college is arounf 28 to 32 k, bad money to get on property ladder.
    5. low unemployment in this country is a myth, we need high end jobs to pay for mortgages, them jobs are few.
    6. out of a class of 25 of electronic eng, only 3 have jobs in that sector, the rest doing micky mouse jobs.
    7. there is no more any incentive to go to college because you come out of college and get no job. and certainly no chance to get a house.
    8. not only engineering, teaching, accountancy, civil eng, nursing, trades, there are now too many of people around with these quals and few jobs, if there is jobs the wages are bad in comparison to buying houses.
    9. young people will be forced to rent, its a viciuous cycle that most cant get out of.
    10. how can you save with cost of living anywhere in ireland?
    11. over 500K young adults still living with parents, no chance place of ones own.
    12. all young people can afford is appartments, complete waste of money, you cant bring a family up in them
    13. things are so much harder for young people now than 10 years ago, i wish i was born at the start of the 70'[s
    14. too many people going to college having same hopes and ambitions of getting a great job and house.
    15. i bought a house < 300K in Leixlip, i was lucky cause bank manager was aunty, now the only way to do it is have contacts.
    16. Most jobs out there want aleast 2 to 3 years experience, what do ye do if ye cant even get experience?
    17. its looking more than likely alot of multi-nationals (intel) will pull out of ireland in next 5 years, surely thats going to reck the economy??
    18. the only people in this country that are doing well is the people that are established prior to or during early years of celtic tiger.
    19. the rich get richer, even in the trades end of things, work is drying up, the foreigners are takng all the jobs for less money. ye have to be established now, no point in starting.
    20. I feel sorry for people at school or college now, whats the point

And the sad thing is there is nothing the government can do about my points above, its how we as a state have evolved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree the State is f.cuked but it's not true we can't do anything. We have to keep on pressing the political parties to start listening to the Irish people and not the multi nationals about what needs to be done.

Ireland for the Irish!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not only engineering, teaching, accountancy, civil eng, nursing trades, there are now too many of people around with these quals and few jobs...
    If there is so few jobs going in nursing nowadays, how is it that there are several thousand non-nationals employed in the profession today (compared to say, 1990)?

Somehow i doubt that all the main Dublin hospitals would bother going to the Phillippines for nurses if they could get them at home

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Doe's Ireland owe McKenna a living?

Perhaps youíd like to tell us when buying a house on a single salary was easy? It certainly wasnít in the 80s interest rates were running at 15%.

Iím surprised youíre able to get out of bed in the morning with your attitude! Talk about peddling doom and gloom. I think your problem is youíve woken up and realized the country isnít going hand you everything on a silver platter.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: irrespective of Celtic tiger, Young People < 30 are d

Quote Originally Posted by McKenna
    im 25, and i i speak first hand of my experiences. let me outline a few obvious real economic gloomy factors thats going to bring this state to its knees very soon.
    1. its impossible now to get a mortgage on your own if single.
    2. the bank wants to see you with someone. (forcing you into a relationship)
    3. 4.5 times your salary wouldnt buy the gates of any decent property.
    4. the starting wages of most people out of college is arounf 28 to 32 k, bad money to get on property ladder.
    5. low unemployment in this country is a myth, we need high end jobs to pay for mortgages, them jobs are few.
    6. out of a class of 25 of electronic eng, only 3 have jobs in that sector, the rest doing micky mouse jobs.
    7. there is no more any incentive to go to college because you come out of college and get no job. and certainly no chance to get a house.
    8. not only engineering, teaching, accountancy, civil eng, nursing, trades, there are now too many of people around with these quals and few jobs, if there is jobs the wages are bad in comparison to buying houses.
    9. young people will be forced to rent, its a viciuous cycle that most cant get out of.
    10. how can you save with cost of living anywhere in ireland?
    11. over 500K young adults still living with parents, no chance place of ones own.
    12. all young people can afford is appartments, complete waste of money, you cant bring a family up in them
    13. things are so much harder for young people now than 10 years ago, i wish i was born at the start of the 70'[s
    14. too many people going to college having same hopes and ambitions of getting a great job and house.
    15. i bought a house < 300K in Leixlip, i was lucky cause bank manager was aunty, now the only way to do it is have contacts.
    16. Most jobs out there want aleast 2 to 3 years experience, what do ye do if ye cant even get experience?
    17. its looking more than likely alot of multi-nationals (intel) will pull out of ireland in next 5 years, surely thats going to reck the economy??
    18. the only people in this country that are doing well is the people that are established prior to or during early years of celtic tiger.
    19. the rich get richer, even in the trades end of things, work is drying up, the foreigners are takng all the jobs for less money. ye have to be established now, no point in starting.
    20. I feel sorry for people at school or college now, whats the point

And the sad thing is there is nothing the government can do about my points above, its how we as a state have evolved.
    Really well please leave then.
    Life is a beautiful magnificent thing, even to a jelly fish ~ Charlie Chaplin

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have have touched a few nerves with people here, but its the facts, there is absloutely no getting away from it, gloomy sounding it may be.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maximus and Jady get your heads out of the sand and stop living in denial.

AND SHUT UP ABOUT THE 80 ALREADY! EVERYONE
    Signed, Universal (LGBT...QRSTUVWXYZ)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't buy a house right now my life is over...

And house prices will never come down...

I just wish I was older back when people left education they immediately owned a house and got high salaries. Not like now when you have to work for a while and get experience to get a higher salary.
    "She'll hold together. Hear me, baby? Hold together!"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: irrespective of Celtic tiger, Young People < 30 are d

No wonder you cant get a "high end" job!
    Equality ó It is new strung and shall be heard

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mckenna perhaps this site would be of more use to you than this one is
    www.ryanair.com

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast