Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donie Cassidy & Hair

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Donie Cassidy & Hair

There's gotta be a thread on this!

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia...ie_171791t.jpg

Don't go there - there'll be wigs on the Green!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh dear.

A friend of mine, a member of the Oireachtas for many a year, no longer, was on a British/Irish trip with Donnie. A plan was hatched to find Donnie sans hair piece and the obvious one was to espy him in the swimming pool in the morning, as he used avail of same. The thinking being that no-one could maintain such a hair piece whilst swimming. My friend, a senior member of his party, and one known for his sense of humor, was duly dispatched, at an early hour, to spy on the good Senator, and conform for all time, to his brethren, that it was indeed a false hair piece supported by the good Senator. However, much to the chagrin of my friend and his colleagues, the Donnie Senator was to be espied doing a majestic breast stroke whilst never submerging any folicle, true or false, beneath the surface of the water!!!
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Mr Cassidy voted YES to keep "his" hair!?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is the wig considered an expense?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post
    Oh dear.

A friend of mine, a member of the Oireachtas for many a year, no longer, was on a British/Irish trip with Donnie. A plan was hatched to find Donnie sans hair piece and the obvious one was to espy him in the swimming pool in the morning, as he used avail of same. The thinking being that no-one could maintain such a hair piece whilst swimming. My friend, a senior member of his party, and one known for his sense of humor, was duly dispatched, at an early hour, to spy on the good Senator, and conform for all time, to his brethren, that it was indeed a false hair piece supported by the good Senator. However, much to the chagrin of my friend and his colleagues, the Donnie Senator was to be espied doing a majestic breast stroke whilst never submerging any folicle, true or false, beneath the surface of the water!!!
    So now at least pussy knows what happened to her sister -

He's wearing her!
    "In [Ireland] a wife is regarded as a chattel, just as a thoroughbred mare or cow." Mr Justice Butler in the Irish courts. 'Traditional Marriage' in the 1970s.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by breakingnews View Post
    no, an Offence

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by breakingnews View Post
    Nah - it's more of an overhead.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Back in the time of Scrap Saturday, they did a feature one week called "a day in the life of Donie Cassidy", where "he" described how he liked nothing more than "a drive in my open-topped car on a sunny day, with my hair blowing in the wind - though I always come back and pick it up later". Anyway, Donie was furious about this, and all sorts of threats and demands for apologies went winging their way to RTE. Eventually the Scrap team agreed to apologise, and duly led the following week's show with this:

"We wish to sincerely apologise for any suggestion in last week's show that Senator Donie Cassidy's hair is not his own. We now fully accept that not only is Senator Cassidy's hair his own, but that he also has the receipts to prove it".

They never heard from him again.

(Though in the good Senator's defence, he runs the Oireachtas Golf Society, and is an absolute gentleman.)
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

reminds me of the spitting image sketches years ago which featured Paul Daniels' wig running off to the countryside to become a sheepdog and taking part in "one man and his dog", legendary stuff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast