Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vincent Browne's Politico website

Default Vincent Browne's Politico website

Politico

A message was shown on the village.ie website a month or so ago saying that there'd be a new site with archived copies of Magill, Nusight and Village as well as Browne's TV3 show. Now village.ie is redirecting to politico.ie.

You gotta sign up for the back issues but there's still some that are viewable and all of Browne's SBusPost and IT articles are up there as well as laods of the TV3 show.

The site's alright but it's got a weird kind of blandness that makes it almost look like it's a fake site. I've emailed thema few times asking how long it's been up and is it permanent but no reply. The whole thing is just a bit odd. It wasn't until Browne plugged it last night that it got a bit of legitimacy imo.

Apparently he's going to be publishing emails and texts sent in to the show and then do a blog addressing them or something.

Dunno, good site and worth a look if you can handle the layout. The addition of the TV3 episodes is very good as TV3's own site is riddled with flashing ads and shit

Many of his old shows are available which is interesting.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If Browne has anything to do with it it will no doubt lose pots of money and have to be closed down, like his other ventures!
    "In [Ireland] a wife is regarded as a chattel, just as a thoroughbred mare or cow." Mr Justice Butler in the Irish courts. 'Traditional Marriage' in the 1970s.

The TV3 show is very successful and he's plugging the site every night.

I would find this interesting if I placed any store whatsoever in Vincent Browne's opinion or judgement.

He's a Dunphy. Entertaining for all the wrong reasons.
    Economic Left/Right: 4.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.41

Visit my blog at http://thunderingdisgrace.blogspot.com/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    I would find this interesting if I placed any store whatsoever in Vincent Browne's opinion or judgement.

He's a Dunphy. Entertaining for all the wrong reasons.
    As a FFailer, no doubt Myarse and Eoghan Arris would be more your cup of tea:rolleyes

At which point did I nail my colours to the FF mast exactly?

Careless assumptions really make people look stupid.

Also, as it happens I have as much respect for Eoghan Harris as I do the kid in my class at school who supported Man U one week and Liverpool the next.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    At which point did I nail my colours to the FF mast exactly?

Careless assumptions really make people look stupid.

Also, as it happens I have as much respect for Eoghan Harris as I do the kid in my class at school who supported Man U one week and Liverpool the next.
    No c'mon, Vincent is more than just a Dunphy. The guy's a great journalist and excellent polemicist.

He's pointed out quite rightly how our political system is just a game of power grab. It's got nothing to do with policies because all the party's policies are so damn similar/essentially the same.

He's damn right there. Maybe FG are a little more right wing than FF and they wouldn't even entertain the social partnership thing but FF used that as a means of hegemony to keep the labour force in check. Labour were competing for the same populist votes so they've always just gone along with whatever the other two said and changed the wording around.

I agree that he is correct in his assessment of the nature of our political system by and large, but a broken clock is right twice a day isn't it?

It's when he starts to get in to the realm of economics that I really start to despair.

Same with politicians and economists who had their fingers over their eyes and in their ears before the "crisis".

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast