Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last Words of Texas Death Row.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Last Words of Texas Death Row.

The Texas state Dept has released online the last words of all those executed over the last decade or so.
    Some pretty sad cases. Not sure if it changes your view one way or the other but a lot of them seemed to be full of penance and some even felt like they deserved to die. Obviously a lot claiming innocence to the end, other refused to say anything..
    One guy, Alvin Goodwin from Montgomery has this placed by the State, "He spoke only in Irish, translating to Goodbye.
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/executedoffenders.htm
    Last edited by Truth.ie; 1st October 2009 at 03:06 PM.

Politics.ie Member ballot stuffer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truth.ie View Post
    The Texas state Dept has released online the last words of all those executed over the last decade or so.
    Some pretty sad cases. Not sure if it changes your view one way or the other but a lot of them seemed to be full of penance and some even felt like they deserved to die. Obviously a lot claiming innocence to the end, other refused to say anything..
    One guy, Alvin Goodwin from Montgomery has this placed by the State, "He spoke only in Irish, translating to Goodbye.
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/state/executedoffenders.htm
    Your link is broken.
    Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truth.ie View Post
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/state/executedoffenders.htm
    If the final words were "i am sorry i bankrupt anglo irish bank" I would bring back the rope...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry.Link should be fixed now.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you dont want to trawl through them all, here are some of the ...well, more interesting ones.
    This guy give a summary
    The Last Words of the 376 Prisoners Executed in Texas Since 1982
    I believe the death penalty should be available by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A f˙cked-up system that fails to offer any credible deterent, as is witnessed by the homicide statistics of States that allow this barabaric practice, and which has undeniably resulted in the state-murder of innocent people wrongly convicted in their courts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is a good one.

''Since I have already said all I need to say to all my loved ones, I'm not going to say anything to y'all at this time. Y'all know I love you and y'all know where we're at. I will see y'all when you get there. So this is my statement. To all of the racist white folks in America that hate black folks and to all of the black folks in America that hate themselves: the infamous words of my famous legendary brother, Matt Turner, "Y'all kiss my black ass." Let's do it.''

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cameron Todd Willingham: Did Texas Execute An Innocent Man?

I recently read this horrific story.

I reckon this guy was put to death in the wrong after being convicted of arson deaths of his 3 kids.

Politics.ie Member louis bernard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by setanta View Post
    A f˙cked-up system that fails to offer any credible deterent, as is witnessed by the homicide statistics of States that allow this barabaric practice, and which has undeniably resulted in the state-murder of innocent people wrongly convicted in their courts.
    Whenever I hear anyone argue for the death penalty I just say two words, Timothy Evans.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I was being executed in the electric chair, my final request would be for the governor to hold my hand.

If I was being executed in the gas-chamber, I'd ask for a packet of Tunes lozenges. They help you breathe more easily.

(I'll get my coat. )

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast