Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Browne TD “Keep 24 hr A&E to care for my drunken daughter”

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default John Browne TD “Keep 24 hr A&E to care for my drunken daughter”

Wexford Fianna Fail TD John Browne has told a packed meeting in Wexford that he backs the campaign to retain 24 hour Accident and Emergency services at Wexford General Hospital because his wheelchair bound daughter pleaded with him that she needed it to care for her when she had consumed too much alcohol.
    The meeting was called by local Labour Deputy Brendan Howlin following concerns that the local A&E was to be downgraded and relocated to Waterford 40 miles away. About 1,000 people attended the meeting which was chaired by local broadcaster, Alan Corcoran. The proceedings were recorded by South East Radio and are to be forwarded to the HSE network team at present driving the reconfiguration for the HSE to show the depth of concern in the county on the issue.
    Starting his contribution to the meeting Deputy Browne said “My daughter is in a wheelchair and like all 23 year olds she sometimes gets drunk and ends up in A&E. She said to me coming out tonight that I better keep A&E open 24/7 because she’s not giving up drinking”. Deputy Browne went on to tell the meeting that he had spoken to the Health Minister Mary Harney and set out his concerns about the future of A&E at Wexford and that he believes it should be maintained.
    Whatever about the rights and wrongs of reconfiguration, is it not the lowest of the low to exploit a daughter's excessive alcohol consumption for political expediency?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Starting his contribution to the meeting Deputy Browne said “My daughter is in a wheelchair and like all 23 year olds she sometimes gets drunk and ends up in A&E. She said to me coming out tonight that I better keep A&E open 24/7 because she’s not giving up drinking”. Deputy Browne went on to tell the meeting that he had spoken to the Health Minister Mary Harney and set out his concerns about the future of A&E at Wexford and that he believes it should be maintained.
    Whatever about the rights and wrongs of reconfiguration, is it not the lowest of the low to exploit a daughter's excessive alcohol consumption for political expediency?
    I have NEVER ended up in A & E after a nights drinking, nor have any of my friends. How about the young lassie exercise some self control, or is that too much to ask? What a diva, demanding a hospital stay open just for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tayto View Post
    I have NEVER ended up in A & E after a nights drinking, nor have any of my friends. How about the young lassie exercise some self control, or is that too much to ask? What a diva, demanding a hospital stay open just for her.
    How about you and your friends have the craic?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unbelievable stuff.
    40 miles surely is not too much to ask.

This is why health must be kept out of the hands of politicians.
    More inaction and overspending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Deputy Browne has said his remarks, about his daughter, were a joke and said people, who were upset by them, should "lighten up".

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tayto View Post
    I bet you never robbed orchards or played knick knocks.Personally,I never kissed anyone til i was 18.And even then I got written permission.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FF politicians waste everyones time going to meetings like this. They always are against removal of services until it is put to them in a Dail vote. Then they take the Whip

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How about you and your friends have the craic?
    I bet you never robbed orchards or played knick knocks.Personally,I never kissed anyone til i was 18.And even then I got written permission.
    Don't be stupid. I'm sure you ker-aaazy guys equate ending up in hospital as a mad laugh, and everyone will call you a "legend' afterwards. I don't view it that way.
    But then I can hold my booze, that's the difference.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by draiocht23 View Post
    Deputy Browne has said his remarks, about his daughter, were a joke and said people, who were upset by them, should "lighten up".
    Some "joke" !

Fianna Fail, eh ? Now, there's a joke.

Politics.ie Member Raketemensch's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oscartango View Post
    Some "joke" !

Fianna Fail, eh ? Now, there's a joke.
    Pathetic. This moron comes out with a pile of sh1t and when reasonable people react with horror, he claims it was all a joke. No wonder the poor girl drinks herself into a coma, with a monkey like this for a father.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast