Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NUI / Trinity Panel

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default NUI / Trinity Panel

Have any parties or individuals declared yet for the NUI or Trinity panel?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: NUI / Trinity Panel

Quote Originally Posted by galwaygirl
    Have any parties or individuals declared yet for the NUI or Trinity panel?
    KingKane has declared for the NUI panel!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ivana Bacik'll be running for one of the Trinity seats. Not sure if she'll be running as a Labour candidate though.
    Nothing will motivate the lazy / apathetic / Americanised / west-British types to embrace their culture and the Irish language.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Martin Hogan - NUI constituency.

Seán O'Connor - TCD

Daithí Mac Cárthaigh - NUI

KK, if elected, will you take or be guided by the FG whip in the Seanad?
    "If there is a future, it will be Green." - Petra Kelly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by green
    Seán O'Connor - TCD

Daithí Mac Cárthaigh - NUI

KK, if elected, will you take or be guided by the FG whip in the Seanad?
    I would not take the whip if elected as I would not be standing as a FG candidate. It seems only reasonable.
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Can anyone tell us about the party political sympathies of any of the candidates standing as "independents"?

For instance, if Ivana Bacik was to stand as an independent it would still be reasonable to assume that her politics would remain broadly those of the liberal-leftish wing of Labour. Martin Hogan's site says that he is running with the support of the Greens, although it isn't clear if he will formally be a Green Party candidate.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scrawledincrayon
    Can anyone tell us about the party political sympathies of any of the candidates standing as "independents"?
    I'd say Daithi MacCarthaigh will be targetting the FG supporting section of the NUI constituency, what with his recent attempts to picket FG HQ and heckle and shout down Enda Kenny......or maybe not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scrawledincrayon

For instance, if Ivana Bacik was to stand as an independent it would still be reasonable to assume that her politics would remain broadly those of the liberal-leftish wing of Labour. Martin Hogan's site says that he is running with the support of the Greens, although it isn't clear if he will formally be a Green Party candidate.
    Seán O'Connor - TCD is a grandson of Seán Lemass (doesn't mention that this in turn makes him a nephew of Charles J.) so I would expect a FF inclination.

I also more and more perplexed about Martin Hogan's involvement with the Green party as I'm sure that the Green party suggested in their submission for Seanad reform that the University seats be abolished completely but Martin claims he has the support of GraduateEquality i.e. Seán O'Connor! So, which side if he on the Green's or Seán O'Connor's?
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by KingKane
    I also more and more perplexed about Martin Hogan's involvement with the Green party as I'm sure that the Green party suggested in their submission for Seanad reform that the University seats be abolished completely but Martin claims he has the support of GraduateEquality i.e. Seán O'Connor! So, which side if he on the Green's or Seán O'Connor's?
    This ought to assuage your concerns, King. Ideally, the Seanad should be fully-publicly elected; in the short term, or if a referendum to this effect were defeated (for example), we favour implementing the people's will as expressed in 1979.
    "If there is a future, it will be Green." - Petra Kelly.

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast