Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Albert Reynolds avoid court due to Alzeimers?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Did Albert Reynolds avoid court due to Alzeimers?

How'd he write a book?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no his memory loss only applied to certain buildings, leinster house being one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He had a ghost writer and it was mainly completed before he became ill, to be fair. In addition, I believe he was excused from appearing at one of the Tribunals because of health reasons, rather than Court.
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The man is well known to be ill. A simple search of p.ie threads would have told OP that.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Judge Mahon was very careful at the Tribunal with regard to Albert, his own medical people's assessment was checked and two seperate independent examinations took place before Mahon accepted the "cognitive impairment" plea.

It may seem damn convenient for Albert but I for one am with Mahon on this, they were very careful and meticulous to be fair.

It could have been interesting to see Albert and Bertie pull each other apart and thereon FF but it just means we have to wait a bit longer.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Panopticon View Post
    The man is well known to be ill. A simple search of p.ie threads would have told OP that.
    sorry, didn't know there other threads on it. Thanks for the heads-up

He looked ok to me on the news there just now. I know of a great nickname he used to have but I dunno if I'm allowed say it. Mind you, he say's he can't go to court so maybe I can say it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by itchy View Post

He looked ok to me on the news there just now. I know of a great nickname he used to have but I dunno if I'm allowed say it. Mind you, he say's he can't go to court so maybe I can say it.

Tis better out than in, confession is good for the soul, at least thats what the priests will tell you.

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by itchy View Post

You're on the quick route to either a solicitors letter, a banning, or both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sure ahern is the same, ever hear him rattling off numbers and statistics about when he was finance mininster? Then when asked what happened to 50k of his own money he cant remember....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Cochrane View Post
    You're on the quick route to either a solicitors letter, a banning, or both.
    Why? Is it because of the nickname or because he dared say the sacred one looked ok on the news? If its the nickname, then presumably quite a few of the public know it so he cant be sued. If its because he said Albert looked ok on the news, then I cant see how that is somehow cause for a solicitors letter. Its just his opinion. In fact, Alberts picture in the papers this mornign after his book launch, he look ok to me too.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast