Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Tommy Tiernan anti-semitic or highlighting anti semitism?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Was Tommy Tiernan anti-semitic or highlighting anti semitism?

"Six million? I would have got 10 or 12 million out of that. No f**kng problem! F**k them. Two at a time, they would have gone. Hold hands, get in there! Leave us your teeth and your glasses"

http://www.tribune.ie/article/2009/s...-million-out-/
    Last edited by BullLee; 21st September 2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Addition of relevant link

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BullLee View Post
    "Six million? I would have got 10 or 12 million out of that. No f**kng problem! F**k them. Two at a time, they would have gone. Hold hands, get in there! Leave us your teeth and your glasses"
    Wow! Tommy is really going for it now. He's done the travellers, the blacks and now it's the turn of the jews. Can't wait for his next dvd which he is no doubt putting together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tiernan's whole act is about offending as many people as possible, trying to push everyone's buttons. That's fine if the overall effect is funny but a lot of the time the point seems to be to offend as much as amuse. I was at a show of his a while back & he told jokes about down syndrome people having sex, twas pretty sick & not at all funny.
    I'm extremely open minded about humour & generally have no problems with people doing "non PC" jokes but there's certain lines, which when crossed turn the humour from risqué to just plain wrong & Tiernan seems to delight in crossing that as often as possible.
    "Partout où la liberté règne elle est incessamment attaquée et très souvent en péril” – Jean Jacques Rousseau.

Quote Originally Posted by BullLee View Post
    Where and when? Very irresponsible. Especially with the banking crisis. There is a Zionist element that runs the banks and this gets unfairly blamed on the average Jew.
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Most importantly he is guilty of being unfunny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilW View Post
    Most importantly he is guilty of being unfunny.
    Yep. Tiernan is a hugely overrated idiot. His whole act seems to now consist of trying to be offensive about as many different minorities as possible. Non-PC jokes are fine if they're funny. Tiernan never is.

Compare that cretin to the other Navan comedian, Dylan Moran, who is brilliant. No need to rely on tiresome shock tactics, because he is genuinely talented.

I believe this guy has , at most, the talent of a schoolyard juvenile who stays awake at night worrying about acne. Just look at any of the LLS clips and what you see is pathetic, comedy is more than just shouting and using the F word.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borntorum View Post
    Yep. Tiernan is a hugely overrated idiot. His whole act seems to now consist of trying to be offensive about as many different minorities as possible. Non-PC jokes are fine if they're funny. Tiernan never is.

Compare that cretin to the other Navan comedian, Dylan Moran, who is brilliant. No need to rely on tiresome shock tactics, because he is genuinely talented.
    Disagree (if that's okay). My opinion Tiernan is in fact very insightful and was extremely funny when he started out but he's gone badly astray with this Lenny Bruce maximum offence trip he's on. Comedy is a personal thing and Dylan Moran I find to be a hugely overrated act (I wouldn't call anybody an idiot as I believe it to be an offensive term)

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tommy is pure class. Can't wait to see his next DVD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sheamuseen View Post
    Disagree (if that's okay). My opinion Tiernan is in fact very insightful and was extremely funny when he started out but he's gone badly astray with this Lenny Bruce maximum offence trip he's on. Comedy is a personal thing and Dylan Moran I find to be a hugely overrated act (I wouldn't call anybody an idiot as I believe it to be an offensive term)
    I wouldn't worry about potentially offending Tommy Tiernan. He's hardly going to go on Liveline to complain about it

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast