Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lenihan wants 'secret' NAMA committee

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lenihan wants 'secret' NAMA committee

THE Government is considering forming a confidential Oireachtas commission that would oversee NAMA's multi-billion euro work.

Finance Minister Brian Lenihan has made it known he would like a special commission to be created that would share information of a sensitive and confidential nature.

However, the commission would not sit in public, as the information being discussed is deemed commercially sensitive.
    But Labour's finance spokeswoman Joan Burton said it would be more appropriate to simply appoint independent experts who do not have any vested interests.

"I doubt that the political parties would wish to be hampered with being able to make general points about policies in relation to NAMA," Ms Burton said.
    Lenihan wants 'secret' NAMA committee - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I nominate Beverly Flynn, Ray Burke, Hazel Lawlor, Frank Fahey, Celia Larkin, Tom Parlon, Michael Lowry and myself (I'd wear a wire).

NAMA is a pandora's box. A convenient dustbin to hide all the shady loans that would expose politicians, bankers, developers, solicitors and accountants as the tide went out. Think about, why is Liam Carroll being funded to finish across the line in time?
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeViking View Post
    I nominate Beverly Flynn, Ray Burke, Hazel Lawlor, Frank Fahey, Celia Larkin, Tom Parlon, Michael Lowry and myself (I'd wear a wire).
    Surely the liar Ahern is worthy of a seat?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Perjurer deserves a seat all right. The only question is whether the room that contains the seat has in-cell sanitation or not.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Syndrome View Post
    NAMA is a pandora's box.
    No it's not. When all else was gone, Pandora's box had hope. NAMA is hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    No it's not. When all else was gone, Pandora's box had hope. NAMA is hopeless.
    OK, then. How about this for a metaphor to describe it. Brian Cowen's lower Colon?
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Syndrome View Post
    OK, then. How about this for a metaphor to describe it. Brian Cowen's lower Colon?
    Surgical precision

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not surprised they want the details of oversight and governance confidential.

(A) This is Fianna Fail we are talking about

(B) They don't want the owners of the money they are splurging looking over their shoulder

(C) More room for maneouvre.

How would this affect FOI requests I wonder? If they intend to block access for FOI requests then I'm afraid ladies and gentlemen these people need reminding who owns this poor little ramshackle Republic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Commercially sensitive my hole. And only 2000 went to the protest on Saturday. This place is finished. The clowns who chose to live here deserve what they get.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast