Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Post codes to be introduced.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Post codes to be introduced.

Minister Ryan has announced that postal codes are to be introduced in Ireland by the year 2011.It seems to me that not content with standing idly by while Eircom imploded the minister has deciced to wipe out An Post.The introduction of post codes nationally will mean that An Post will have no hope of competing with large multinationals who will be able to piggyback their operation at cheap rates when post codes are rolled out.Conservative estimates put the cost of Post codes at around 20 million euros which is a lot more money than it would have cost to vacinate young women against cancer but I suppose it shows the Greens priorities.

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think they were always inevitable once somebody invented the interweb thingy. Ordering women's underwear and speciality medication online will be easier for us now...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More junk mail and morkeshing shoighte to drop through my letterbox so......

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so because a good idea costs the same as cancer screening we shouldn't do it. Daft point codology

If An Post can't deal with technology and a measure that's been around for decades in the developed world, fck them. Not a single sane person without ann agenda could possibly be against post codes. Business has been screaming for this for years as has the entire delivery industry...
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    I think they were always inevitable once somebody invented the interweb thingy. Ordering women's underwear and speciality medication online will be easier for us now...
    Never had a problem ordering over the internet, just use 0000 as the postcode. Always works.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Parsley View Post
    Never had a problem ordering over the internet, just use 0000 as the postcode. Always works.
    Exactly. Another costly exercise. Britain needs a postcode because of its population density. Its an easier way for Big Brother to keep tabs on us. What for example will Dublin 4 be?
    D4 0MG?
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So will D4, D6W be obsolete ?
    Mammy, get the hammer there's a fly on daddy's head.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any indication of what type system will be used ? There'll be riots in the boulevards of D4 if parts of it are chopped off in to seperate post codes.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If Eamon Ryan's track history is anything to go by, it's just another piece of horsesh1t in the same way as the Broadband rollout.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I could be wrong but I vaguely remember being told that we were getting postcodes in 2007.
    I shan't hold my breath.

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast