Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ''Final Days of the Flynnasty''

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ''Final Days of the Flynnasty''

The Indo today has a story covering the ousting of the Flynns from FF politics in Mayo....It appears to be a real eminem ''cleaning out my closet'' job by FF, effectively isolating the Flynns from political life.

But the question is will FF win this one OR will it backfire terribly??

The Flynns have alot of support in Mayo and they will stick their heels in. A potentially messy situation for FF, who could lose crediblity either way.

The problem for Fianna Fail is that Beverly Flynn remains an active and potent political force in Mayo. She fully intends to hold her seat at the next general election. If she does, it will be at Fianna Fail's expense.

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/ ... e_id=12415
    An eye for an eye makes us all blind
    Mohandas Gandhi

Economic Left/Right: -5.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.13

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to say that I got quite a chuckle when I was watching Oireachtas Report to find Ms. Flynn addressed as 'Independant' during the debate and arguement on the fate of the Mayo fellows jailed for criminal breach of a court order.
    S.Behan

Quote Originally Posted by Harpey
    I have to say that I got quite a chuckle when I was watching Oireachtas Report to find Ms. Flynn addressed as 'Independant' during the debate and arguement on the fate of the Mayo fellows jailed for criminal breach of a court order.
    Do you find the description of Michael Lowry as "Independent" equally amusing?
    Failed liberal traitors: http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

seemingly RTE are pursuing Bev for every penny of the Zillions racked up in legal bills in the case against Bird.
    They're basing this on the fact that tax-payers money is at stake, and can't afford to fool around.
    (RTE showing concern for tax-payers money?! How heart-warming!)

Bev offered to hand over her house in part payment, but they told her where to shove it.

I would have thought that either her daddy or her new sugar-daddy would have bailed her out by now ??

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheChief
    seemingly RTE are pursuing Bev for every penny of the Zillions racked up in legal bills in the case against Bird.
    They're basing this on the fact that tax-payers money is at stake, and can't afford to fool around.

Bev offered to hand over her house in part payment, but they told her where to shove it.

I would have thought that either her daddy or her new sugar-daddy would have bailed her out by now ??
    BF has a neck like a heifer and will try every stunt to avoid paying her dues.
    Sugar daddy will bail her out if push comes to shove.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheChief

Might get FF off the hook if Bev is declared bankrupt and can't run - and you know how the banks like to help the party.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aodh_rua
    Might get FF off the hook if Bev is declared bankrupt and can't run - and you know how the banks like to help the party.
    Interestingly, if she's declared bankrupt she'll be thrown out of the Dáil
    "The IRA Army Council have a history of telling the truth. If they say they didn't do it, then I believe them" - Bertie Ahern, speaking after the murder of Det. Garda Jerry McCabe

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BarryW

Is there some Law that says TD's must have sound finical records?
    The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim84
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryW

Is there some Law that says TD's must have sound finical records?

Yes there is a law that states a td must not be bankrupt. She would be forced to give up her seat.

But if she doesn't become bankrupt she will retain her seat. Just like Lowry when people feel the establishment is against you they vote for you. Unless they field a very strong canditate.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hopefully the people of Mayo will only elect at most 1 independant TD. Get rid of the bloody independants i hope. Single issue, stand for nothin, nobodies, can oppose anything that mite be unpopular. Who is the independant that annoys you the most? For me it has to be Marian Harkin.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast