Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farmleigh economic forum

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Farmleigh economic forum

There is an economic forum on at Farmleigh this weekend.

http://www.businessandleadership.com...ders-for-forum

On Matt Coopers show yesterday Minsiter Micheal Martin mentioned that this is costing €300k despite the fact that all participants are travelling at their own expence and are giving frrely their own time and expertise..

My question is if they are all participating at their own expense where does the € 300k come from, and how much do similar events cost when people are not so generous....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They are all going to Croke park for the All-Ireland final. Must not be cheap.

Our government are accustomed to treating themselves like Kings. Is not cheap.

I have no issue in treating those coming to the forum well, as they should be thanked for coming, but any lavishing on our useless government should be done away with.

I also notice FF are giving no credit to David McWilliams for them (belatedly) acting on his idea.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikecp View Post

Business And Leadership: Key business leaders due at Farmleigh in September - Leadership

On Matt Coopers show yesterday Minsiter Micheal Martin mentioned that this is costing €300k despite the fact that all participants are travelling at their own expence and are giving frrely their own time and expertise..

My question is if they are all participating at their own expense where does the € 300k come from, and how much do similar events cost when people are not so generous....
    Security, catering and transport while they’re here.

Politics.ie Member powderfinger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    They are all going to Croke park for the All-Ireland final. Must not be cheap.

Our government are accustomed to treating themselves like Kings. Is not cheap.

I have no issue in treating those coming to the forum well, as they should be thanked for coming, but any lavishing on our useless government should be done away with.

I also notice FF are giving no credit to David McWilliams for them (belatedly) acting on his idea.
    A call to Richie or Eugene should get a fistful of tix.
    Do Anglo still box in Croker?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by powderfinger View Post
    A call to Richie or Eugene should get a fistful of tix.
    Do Anglo still box in Croker?
    And Irish Nationwide.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikecp View Post

Business And Leadership: Key business leaders due at Farmleigh in September - Leadership

JOD probably chairing the meeting as "the nuetral CC", Kate Anne will be taking the notes, therefore everything has to be Roll Royce standard, arrival at Croker will be like the Queen of Sheba's entry, will luck though the crowd will answer them.

Have to say I'm with Mick O'Leary on this one who says it is a total waste of time, they should get some real business leaders around a table to sort it out, as he rightly says what the hell is Bob Geldoff doing there, I agree he is the King of the free-loaders.

Politics.ie Member powderfinger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Crab claws for breakfast if Global Micky is running the menu.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wonder which of the FF'ers breaks ranks and starts going for the "personal political donations" or will they look for a corporate donation requesting the payee to be left blank, ala Pee Flynn.

No way the FF'ers will leave the high rollers away for nothing, State entertainment means less money for them, the books have to be balanced, in their favour.

Hello,

re: Live Forum Streaming

I am delighted this discussion is taking place as I have a quick question.

I hope you'll forgive me for barging in but I'd rather not open a new thread.

To the point. Towards the end of today's Irish Times article Farmleigh forum aims to create new ideas for recovery - The Irish Times - Fri, Sep 18, 2009 it mentions live streaming of the Farmleigh Forum.

Would anyone know where on the net I could find this as I'd be interested in having a listen-in to the proceedings.

Gratefully

Terry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

live blog from Mark Little here Economic Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast