Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Anglo Irish Bank.......a nest of vipers!

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,467
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Anglo Irish Bank.......a nest of vipers!

    The following statements is from Anglos Irish Banks Annual Report in 2006.


    Wealth Management
    The Bank’s Wealth Management Division provides high net
    worth clients
    with a variety of services including private banking,
    fund management and retirement planning. Many of these clients
    are also customers of our Business Lending Division.
    Wealth Management operates as a single integrated division,
    drawing in skills and resources as required from a variety
    of areas across the Group. The Division’s primary aim is to
    develop tailored investment solutions for high net worth clients,
    with an emphasis on creating and preserving wealth. Services
    are provided from offices in Ireland, the Isle of Man, the UK,
    Austria, Switzerland and most recently, Portugal. Anglo Irish
    Assurance Company, a subsidiary of the Bank, provides a range
    of investment and retirement solutions as part of an integrated
    service for our wealth management clients.

    Risk Management
    The rigour of our risk management standards – and the
    effectiveness with which they are applied across the Group
    – are clearly demonstrated by the consistently low level of
    impaired loans. Impaired loans amounted to C263 million
    representing just 0.5% of total Group lending. Our total
    provisions at year end stood at C270 million.
    The credit environment currently remains benign. However,
    even if conditions change markedly in the future, we have
    confidence that the Bank’s stringent risk management policies
    will continue to maintain a high quality asset base.


    Below are the EXECUTIVE officers of this bank. That could

    Matt Moran
    David Drumm .
    Peter Fitzgerald
    John Bowe
    William McAteer
    Tony Campbell j
    Tom Browne
    Declan Quilligan
    Pat Whelan
    Peter Butler
    Bernard Daly

    A/ Does anyone believe that the developers with €28 billon of impaired loans have not availed of the banks 'wealth management' division to protect themselves? .


    B/ Why are the people named above not in jail for producing a statement on their risk management as detailed above. Does anyone know how many of these brigands still work for the bank. The actual impaired loans are 100 times what the bank claimed in 2006. 100 times.

    Why are Ernest and Young still in existance?.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldira1 View Post
    The following statements is from Anglos Irish Banks Annual Report in 2006.


    Wealth Management
    The Bank’s Wealth Management Division provides high net
    worth clients
    with a variety of services including private banking,
    fund management and retirement planning. Many of these clients
    are also customers of our Business Lending Division.
    Wealth Management operates as a single integrated division,
    drawing in skills and resources as required from a variety
    of areas across the Group. The Division’s primary aim is to
    develop tailored investment solutions for high net worth clients,
    with an emphasis on creating and preserving wealth. Services
    are provided from offices in Ireland, the Isle of Man, the UK,
    Austria, Switzerland and most recently, Portugal. Anglo Irish
    Assurance Company, a subsidiary of the Bank, provides a range
    of investment and retirement solutions as part of an integrated
    service for our wealth management clients.

    Risk Management
    The rigour of our risk management standards – and the
    effectiveness with which they are applied across the Group
    – are clearly demonstrated by the consistently low level of
    impaired loans. Impaired loans amounted to C263 million
    representing just 0.5% of total Group lending. Our total
    provisions at year end stood at C270 million.
    The credit environment currently remains benign. However,
    even if conditions change markedly in the future, we have
    confidence that the Bank’s stringent risk management policies
    will continue to maintain a high quality asset base.


    Below are the EXECUTIVE officers of this bank. That could

    Matt Moran
    David Drumm .
    Peter Fitzgerald
    John Bowe
    William McAteer
    Tony Campbell j
    Tom Browne
    Declan Quilligan
    Pat Whelan
    Peter Butler
    Bernard Daly

    A/ Does anyone believe that the developers with €28 billon of impaired loans have not availed of the banks 'wealth management' division to protect themselves? .


    B/ Why are the people named above not in jail for producing a statement on their risk management as detailed above. Does anyone know how many of these brigands still work for the bank. The actual impaired loans are 100 times what the bank claimed in 2006. 100 times.

    Why are Ernest and Young still in existance?.
    2 words - Fianna Fail.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Digout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    at the bar, where the sock puppets are
    Posts
    1,396
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Watcher1 View Post
    2 words - Fianna Fail.
    Fianna FFraud.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Inchicore
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    SMASH THE NAMA REPUBLIC GET OUT AND PROTEST

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Watcher1 View Post
    2 words - Fianna Fail.
    Can't add anything to that - as full an explanation as you'll find in a decade of tribunals, all for free in two little words.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inchicore_republican View Post
    That must be a foriegn publication, sure they dont understand the Irish market. Our fundamentals are sound. Anyone who says any different, sure I dont know why they wont just commit suicide.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Propforward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldira1 View Post

    Why are Ernest and Young still in existance?.
    Management consultants are professional scapegoats - as long as a government or semi state bodies need someone to point the finger at their will be an Ernst and Young (or a Cap gemini or a sogeti as they are sometimes known)

    They are filled with academically successful graduates with no real world experience - excellent at telling you whats wrong but clueless when coming up with practical solutions.
    The early bird may get the worm - but the second mouse gets the cheese.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Propforward View Post
    Management consultants are professional scapegoats - as long as a government or semi state bodies need someone to point the finger at their will be an Ernst and Young (or a Cap gemini or a sogeti as they are sometimes known)

    They are filled with academically successful graduates with no real world experience - excellent at telling you whats wrong but clueless when coming up with practical solutions.
    I think he was talking about E&Y as auditors, not consultants.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Propforward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Watcher1 View Post
    I think he was talking about E&Y as auditors, not consultants.
    Ahem yes...
    thank you
    The early bird may get the worm - but the second mouse gets the cheese.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldira1 View Post
    The following statements is from Anglos Irish Banks Annual Report in 2006.


    Wealth Management
    The Bank’s Wealth Management Division provides high net
    worth clients
    with a variety of services including private banking,
    fund management and retirement planning. Many of these clients
    are also customers of our Business Lending Division.
    Wealth Management operates as a single integrated division,
    drawing in skills and resources as required from a variety
    of areas across the Group. The Division’s primary aim is to
    develop tailored investment solutions for high net worth clients,
    with an emphasis on creating and preserving wealth. Services
    are provided from offices in Ireland, the Isle of Man, the UK,
    Austria, Switzerland and most recently, Portugal. Anglo Irish
    Assurance Company, a subsidiary of the Bank, provides a range
    of investment and retirement solutions as part of an integrated
    service for our wealth management clients.

    Risk Management
    The rigour of our risk management standards – and the
    effectiveness with which they are applied across the Group
    – are clearly demonstrated by the consistently low level of
    impaired loans. Impaired loans amounted to C263 million
    representing just 0.5% of total Group lending. Our total
    provisions at year end stood at C270 million.
    The credit environment currently remains benign. However,
    even if conditions change markedly in the future, we have
    confidence that the Bank’s stringent risk management policies
    will continue to maintain a high quality asset base.


    Below are the EXECUTIVE officers of this bank. That could

    Matt Moran
    David Drumm .
    Peter Fitzgerald
    John Bowe
    William McAteer
    Tony Campbell j
    Tom Browne
    Declan Quilligan
    Pat Whelan
    Peter Butler
    Bernard Daly

    A/ Does anyone believe that the developers with €28 billon of impaired loans have not availed of the banks 'wealth management' division to protect themselves? .


    B/ Why are the people named above not in jail for producing a statement on their risk management as detailed above. Does anyone know how many of these brigands still work for the bank. The actual impaired loans are 100 times what the bank claimed in 2006. 100 times.

    Why are Ernest and Young still in existance?.
    In what context?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •