Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Female sexual abusers. A new phenomenon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Female sexual abusers. A new phenomenon?

I have noticed that in the last few years there have been a rake of a previously virtually unknown problem, female child abusers.

The spate of High school teachers running off with male and female students:
    for instance (out of many)
    Heather Zeo Arrested For Having Sex With Underage Student (VIDEO)

'Swimming coach in lesbian affair with child' - Staines News
    Nancy Garrido apparently suspected of being involved int the abuse wiht her husband:

And the recent abuse case here where the mother abused her eldest son

The most recent horror of a mother who gave son up ofr adoption and then tracked him down a decade later to rape him:
    Aimee Louise Sword Raped Son She Gave Up For Adoption: Police (VIDEO)

the horrific account of sexual abuse by nuns n the industrial schools etc.

apart from the nun abuse story this seems to be a recent phenomenon,
    I recently heard a researcher on newstalk explaining how there were half a dozen female only paedophile websites and that there was a greater proportion of female abusers then was commonly thought (although tiny compared to male abusers)

Has it been under reported for some reason?
    Perhaps it is only being highlighted now for some other agenda?

Knowing that there are a number of rabidly misogynistic posters on this site I was reluctant to post this initially but I am genuinely curious about why this is suddenly coming to the fore.

Why has it suddenly become an issue?
    “The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” -Bertrand Russell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please keep it mature or I will delete the thread (if I can)
    “The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” -Bertrand Russell

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I must admit that I don't know much about this phenomenon, but I suspect this sort of thing has been going on for a long time. It's just that, as was the case with incest, clerical sexual abuse of children and a lot of other taboo things, it just wasn't mentioned in the media and was well and truly hushed up locally as well. I do remember that some of the Presentation nuns in the school where I began my "education" were right stupid and cruel b1tches, while others were kind enough. Fortunately, I neither experienced any kind of sexual abuse nor heard of it happening to anyone else.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is possible that this sort of abuse has always existed and has rarely been reported on. Studies in the U.S. show that most child abuse is committed by women and just over half of all child murders are committed by women. Speaking as a man myself, I think we men are generally less interested in/horrified by bad women than we are bad men.

As to why there's an increase in reporting of it, I can't say. But if it exists to any great extent, there's no reason why it shouldn't be reported on.
    It's not the dress, it's the woman!

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prester Jim View Post
    I have noticed that in the last few years there have been a rake of a previously virtually unknown problem, female child abusers.

The spate of High school teachers running off with male and female students:
    for instance (out of many)
    Heather Zeo Arrested For Having Sex With Underage Student (VIDEO)

'Swimming coach in lesbian affair with child' - Staines News
    Nancy Garrido apparently suspected of being involved int the abuse wiht her husband:

And the recent abuse case here where the mother abused her eldest son

The most recent horror of a mother who gave son up ofr adoption and then tracked him down a decade later to rape him:
    Aimee Louise Sword Raped Son She Gave Up For Adoption: Police (VIDEO)

the horrific account of sexual abuse by nuns n the industrial schools etc.

apart from the nun abuse story this seems to be a recent phenomenon,
    I recently heard a researcher on newstalk explaining how there were half a dozen female only paedophile websites and that there was a greater proportion of female abusers then was commonly thought (although tiny compared to male abusers)

Has it been under reported for some reason?
    Perhaps it is only being highlighted now for some other agenda?

Knowing that there are a number of rabidly misogynistic posters on this site I was reluctant to post this initially but I am genuinely curious about why this is suddenly coming to the fore.

Why has it suddenly become an issue?
    As an ex-social worker I can say that during training we were told that the sexual abuse of children was 100% male perpetrated.
    Clearly this is not the case.
    Like so much of social work training it was an immersion course in feminist idelogy as opposed to a professional training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

actually it is also coming out that Italy had a big problem with priest abuse so it is probably not going to be so exclusively Irish a phenomenon shortly

Italian priest accused of abuse | National Catholic Reporter | Find Articles at BNET

Italian priest organizes beauty contest for nuns - AP Online | Encyclopedia.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gallowglass View Post
    As an ex-social worker I can say that during training we were told that the sexual abuse of children was 100% male perpetrated.
    Clearly this is not the case.
    Like so much of social work training it was an immersion course in feminist idelogy as opposed to a professional training.
    Maybe this was honestly believed at that point but it may have doing a vast disservice to some kids, just like the recent case in Ireland.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe its also because to quite a large % of the male population, being sexually abused by a woman isn't seen as abuse, more as "fupping hell, this is great"

Now, that may sound flippant... but I had my own experience of a friends babysitter getting her bits out for us when I was about 13 (she was about 18), and my only thought at the time was.. when is she babysitting again

Alas.. never

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca the Duck View Post
    It is possible that this sort of abuse has always existed and has rarely been reported on. Studies in the U.S. show that most child abuse is committed by women and just over half of all child murders are committed by women. Speaking as a man myself, I think we men are generally less interested in/horrified by bad women than we are bad men.

As to why there's an increase in reporting of it, I can't say. But if it exists to any great extent, there's no reason why it shouldn't be reported on.
    Abuse perhaps but not sexual abuse that is a male preserve for the most part I would imagine.
    as for the murders... any links for that?

there was a recent case of a mother murdering her kids to spite the husband but usually this motivation is ascribed to the father in such cases while the mother is usually believed to be acting to protect the kids from a cruel world etc.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Prester Jim View Post
    actually it is also coming out that Italy had a big problem with priest abuse so it is probably not going to be so exclusively Irish a phenomenon shortly

Italian priest accused of abuse | National Catholic Reporter | Find Articles at BNET

Italian priest organizes beauty contest for nuns - AP Online | Encyclopedia.com

But it never was anything like exclusively an Irish problem. The United States, Canada and Australia are three examples that immediately spring to mind of countries where the kiddy-fiddler church has run into big trouble . Several American dioceses have been virtually bankrupted by the claims they have paid out on, and many more are still pending.

Who knows what has been going on in countries where the media are less vigilant/active and the church is still able to pull the hush-up levers?

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast