Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: JFK - The Movie

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default JFK - The Movie

I caught a bit of this last night, I forget which channel.

I hadn't seen it in years and didn't pay too much heed to it when I did.

But watching the court scene again where Costner's charachter sums up the evidence, it makes a powerful case for a conspiracy behind Kennedy's death.

Probably the most crucial evidence is the president's head going 'back and to the left' with the fatal rifle shot, clearly from the impact and force of a bullet coming from on front and to the right of the presidential limo.

There is also no way Oswald could have been in the 6th floor of the book depository.

The guy was clearly framed for the assasination.

I'm not sure what forum this belongs, so mods move if you feel the need.

Probably the greatest conspiracy of the 20th century and no-one ever brought to justice.

Watch the film the next time it's on TV, well worth it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The film is fiction, not based on historical facts. I thought 'The Kennedy Assassination: Beyond Conspiracy' documentary showed the events in excellent detail. See here: Kennedy Assassination: Beyond Conspiracy - ABC News
    "The thing that always annoyed me about traditional Irish historiography was the paradox of its Anglocentrism. People are now prepared, I think, to confront the possibility that many Irish problems are, in a sense, indigenous to the Irish situation." Roy Foster (1989).

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nem View Post
    The film is fiction, not based on historical facts. I thought 'The Kennedy Assassination: Beyond Conspiracy' documentary showed the events in excellent detail. See here: Kennedy Assassination: Beyond Conspiracy - ABC News
    The film is based 99% on facts.

Point me out the fictional parts to it?

Garrison who brought the case in the 1960's was a respected lawyer, prosecutor and in time judge. He was not some crackpot or someone with a political agenda.

The film is based on that real case he presented. It's not fiction. Like I say it's 99% fact.

there is no doubt there was a conspiracy to kill JFK, thats what the warren comission ( who's job it was to cover it up) came out and said after there investigation. the audio evidence was water tight and proved there was at least 4 shots fired, from at least 2 seperate guns. anyone who doesnt believe there was a conspiracy has there head up there ass.

ps. that cbs doc is a pile of sh1t.

Politics.ie Newbie FitzNeverQuits's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anewbeginning View Post
    The film is based 99% on facts.

Garrison who brought the case in the 1960's was a respected lawyer, prosecutor and in time judge. He was not some crackpot or someone with a political agenda.

The film is based on that real case he presented. It's not fiction. Like I say it's 99% fact.
    well here is 100 lies then you gullible fool....

Oliver Stone's JFK: The JFK 100: JFK assassination investigation: Jim Garrison New Orleans investigation of the John F. Kennedy assassination: oliver, stone, oliver stone, jfk, oliver stone's jfk, stone's, stone's jfk, movie, jfk movie, jfk cia, film

check these out and stop being a dimwit

Politics.ie Member H.R. Haldeman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Watched it for the first time in years last night and couldn't believe how flat-out boring it was. I remember it being chaotic, but vibrant and interesting. Last night it was silly and tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by anewbeginning View Post
    Bucket loads of it is fictional or just made up or dreamed up. For example, take all that technical stuff about the assassination in the court room scene you mentioned - the magic bullet, Oswald not being able to get the shots off in time and the angle the bullet came from before hitting Kennedy...each of these is bunk. The bullet that hit Kennedy and Connolly travelled in a perfectly straight line from the BD building as one would have expected (the key thing the movie misses is that Connolly was not sitting directly in front of Kennedy so the bullet did not need to magically swerve to hit both of them). As for the shots, getting 3 shots off in that time is easy, and it's an urban myth that it's not possible (the movie also omits the fact that poor Lee H. Oswald was a useless loser at most things - except for firing a rifle, at which he was a military-standard sharp shooter. It was the only thing he was good at). Finally, modern forensics have shown that the angle the fatal bullet came from had to be behind Kennedy, not in front of him (from the grassy knoll as the movie suggests. There is also no evidence for a 4th shot).

The other disturbing thing about the movie is that by all accounts Clay Shaw was a perfectly normal businessman and Jim Garrison likely the nutcase of the piece. The jury found Shaw not guilty in an hour. The case was bollox basically.

But in fairness to Oliver Stone, he calls the movie a "counter-myth" to the "official myth" of the Warren Report. That would suggest not even he sees it as fact and that it's a movie about conspiracy theories as much as anything.

Politics.ie Member Destiny's Soldier's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nem View Post
    Save yourselves the bother. This is my subject matter.

Beyond Conspiracy is a total work of fiction. Heard of the word prevarication? Well that is the epitome of it.

See http://www.politics.ie/chat/37617-os...tion-role.html and search my posts.

JFK (Directors Cut)the movie is beyond doubt my favourite movie of all time. There are inaccuracies fair enough, but I love the camera work, the script and subject matter.
    I was thinking as I was watching it last night on BBC2 that if you morphed John Hankey's JFKII (Dark Legacy) and Oliver Stone's JFK, you would have seen a 37 year old CIA Agent named George Herbert Walker Bush as the supervisor of the assassination. Now it will be a great day when a politician has the guts to call that terrorist out.

Here's one of my favourite scenes of all time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IejGovxdy8"]YouTube - Ferrie's Paranoia[/ame]
    Cowardice asks the question - is it safe? Expediency asks the question - is it politic?
    Vanity asks the question - is it popular? But Conscience asks the question - is it right?
    And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular;but one must take it simply because it is right. -MLK

this doc is very graphic, and it goes on to make some wild claims, but in these fist 2 parts it rips the CBS doc apart, and also shows the audio expert say that there is no doubt that there was a shot from the grassy knoll,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26CaVAy6vxU"]YouTube - JFKII THE BUSH CONNECTION Part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaO3dSQq3tI"]YouTube - JFKII THE BUSH CONNECTION Part 2[/ame]

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wasnt the crux of his argument, the magic bullet, not solved, something about connolly sitting lower then kennedy and not dirctly in front of him but to the left.

Politics.ie Member Destiny's Soldier's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H.R. Haldeman View Post
    Watched it for the first time in years last night and couldn't believe how flat-out boring it was. I remember it being chaotic, but vibrant and interesting. Last night it was silly and tedious.

Bucket loads of it is fictional or just made up or dreamed up. For example, take all that technical stuff about the assassination in the court room scene you mentioned - the magic bullet, Oswald not being able to get the shots off in time and the angle the bullet came from before hitting Kennedy...each of these is bunk. The bullet that hit Kennedy and Connolly travelled in a perfectly straight line from the BD building as one would have expected (the key thing the movie misses is that Connolly was not sitting directly in front of Kennedy so the bullet did not need to magically swerve to hit both of them). As for the shots, getting 3 shots off in that time is easy, and it's an urban myth that it's not possible (the movie also omits the fact that poor Lee H. Oswald was a useless loser at most things - except for firing a rifle, at which he was a military-standard sharp shooter. It was the only thing he was good at). Finally, modern forensics have shown that the angle the fatal bullet came from had to be behind Kennedy, not in front of him (from the grassy knoll as the movie suggests. There is also no evidence for a 4th shot).

The other disturbing thing about the movie is that by all accounts Clay Shaw was a perfectly normal businessman and Jim Garrison likely the nutcase of the piece. The jury found Shaw not guilty in an hour. The case was bollox basically.

But in fairness to Oliver Stone, he calls the movie a "counter-myth" to the "official myth" of the Warren Report. That would suggest not even he sees it as fact and that it's a movie about conspiracy theories as much as anything.
    Jesus man you are crazy.

11 doctors at Parkland Hospital described a hole in JFK's right temple as the entry wound and a "gaping hole" in the back of Kennedy's head.
    But the guy who did the Autopsy in Bethesda, had never done an autopsy involving bullet wounds in his life, never traced the entry and exit wounds, LOST KENNEDY'S brain, and BURNED his notes.

But breaking it down, where in God's name did all the bullet fragments come from in Gov Connallys leg and wrist?

This is the bullet with no blemish, no deformity, NO blood.

God help you Haldeman.

How in Gods name can you get a bullet enter the Third Thorassic vertebrae (between the shoulder blades) at a downward angle of 17 deg and exit the throat. You can't do it. It will exit the Sternum.

You haven't a notion what you're talking about. You've just regurgitated the latest Gary Mack disinfo documentaries.

Here are the photos of the XRay done on Gov Connally's wrist and fragments taken out.
    Haldeman wants you to believe that the above said bullet deposited fragments for the X ray, were physically taken out, but yet did not change in any way the original bullets shape or integrity.

What is wrong with people that they cannot reason that in their thick heads and call conspiracy?
    Last edited by Destiny's Soldier; 14th September 2009 at 10:46 PM.
    Cowardice asks the question - is it safe? Expediency asks the question - is it politic?
    Vanity asks the question - is it popular? But Conscience asks the question - is it right?
    And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular;but one must take it simply because it is right. -MLK

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast