Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 587

Thread: Why is Immigration still the Elephant in the room?

  1. #1
    Ex Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Around the Corner everyone has turned
    Posts
    3,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Why is Immigration still the Elephant in the room?

    We all know the troubles Ireland have.

    We all know how high unemployment is.

    But yet not one political party has yet mentioned immigration?

    Why is this?

    50,000 people have entered Ireland this year alone, sure some maybe going home but others are coming.

    Why is Immigration still the elephant in the room.

    Why do no TD`s question on the madness of letting in 50,000 people at a time Ireland is close to bankruptcy?

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    At the right hand
    Posts
    2,525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    As we don't have elephant we must assume they immigrated.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Propforward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bi ciuin View Post
    We all know the troubles Ireland have.

    We all know how high unemployment is.

    But yet not one political party has yet mentioned immigration?

    Why is this?

    50,000 people have entered Ireland this year alone, sure some maybe going home but others are coming.

    Why is Immigration still the elephant in the room.

    Why do no TD`s question on the madness of letting in 50,000 people at a time Ireland is close to bankruptcy?
    With unemployment risiong all over europe, is it any wonder that people would come to the land of welfare milk and honey?
    The early bird may get the worm - but the second mouse gets the cheese.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Aindriu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Posts
    8,689
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Propforward View Post
    With unemployment risiong all over europe, is it any wonder that people would come to the land of welfare milk and honey?
    Meanwhile, self employed tradesmen and company directors whose companies collapse aren't eligible for any social welfare payments.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Propforward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    Meanwhile, self employed tradesmen and company directors whose companies collapse aren't eligible for any social welfare payments.
    Sure why would they? have they not sorted out multiple massive pensions for themselves like the good people in the government???
    The early bird may get the worm - but the second mouse gets the cheese.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    oh look the snivelling racists and xenophobes are using their favourite card.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Aindriu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Posts
    8,689
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Propforward View Post
    Sure why would they? have they not sorted out multiple massive pensions for themselves like the good people in the government???
    Contractors are classed as company directors. I haven't got multiple massive pensions lined up and have just been told that my current contract will end on Oct 2nd. That puts me with no income yet I can't sign on for dole or claim any other benefits!

    Self employed people get feck all and immigrants do where is that fair??????
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member louis bernard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,711
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Because we are burdened with useless spineless PC politicians (government and opposition) who only think of themselves and how they either get power or stay in power. They couldn’t care less about the moronic sheep that elect them. This all harks back to the foundation of the state. De Velera actually consulted an Archbishop before he wrote his constitution.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Propforward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PAD10H View Post
    oh look the snivelling racists and xenophobes are using their favourite card.
    4 posts in and the racist fanciers are out...

    speculate if you will why 50000 people came to a country that is losing jobs like there is no tomorrow (and their might not be)

    is it the weather, the political stability, or our open hearts and playful wit?

    (If i lost my job and the UK where paying 4 times the scratch i would go - would i be a victim of racism?)
    The early bird may get the worm - but the second mouse gets the cheese.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bi ciuin View Post
    We all know the troubles Ireland have.

    We all know how high unemployment is.

    But yet not one political party has yet mentioned immigration?

    Why is this?

    50,000 people have entered Ireland this year alone, sure some maybe going home but others are coming.

    Why is Immigration still the elephant in the room.

    Why do no TD`s question on the madness of letting in 50,000 people at a time Ireland is close to bankruptcy?

    because not only does this not affect any of the politicians and their backers.

    they benifited from massviely distorting the labour market.

    you dont think they give a toss about ordinary people do you ?

Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •