Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dublin Airport Terminal 2 Images

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dublin Airport Terminal 2 Images

Found these linked on www.archiseek.com

Pretty fine looking building and it has been interesting seeing it go up bit by bit as I visit the Airport. Shame it's a decade too late but we can enjoy the extra capacity for a few decades by the looks of things.
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alonso View Post
    Found these linked on www.archiseek.com

Pretty fine looking building and it has been interesting seeing it go up bit by bit as I visit the Airport. Shame it's a decade too late but we can enjoy the extra capacity for a few decades by the looks of things.

Well, alonso, you know yourself who exactly is responsible for that utterly unnecessary delay.

As you say, it looks a fine building and will in time be a welcome addition to an airport which, at present, badly needs improvement.
    Fianna Fail - The Loss of Sovereignty Party.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's with all the steps in the picture? Are we expected to haul ourselves up to the top with bags etc. Maybe they are for the construction workers.Any escalators... I expect so.

A fine looking building so far. At last Calcutta will be gone from DA.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asset test View Post
    What's with all the steps in the picture? Are we expected to haul ourselves up to the top with bags etc. Maybe they are for the construction workers.Any escalators... I expect so.

A fine looking building so far. At last Calcutta will be gone from DA.
    Common sense should tell you that stairs will be required in the event of fire and the more there are will help in the event of an evacuation.... think before you speak.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will Donie Cassidy be involved with the shops in the new terminal?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a vanity project.........unwanted and unnecessary

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hopefully it has a better finish that Pier D which looks like was 90% completed.

I agree it is built years too late.

Not convinced by the location as it is so close to Terminal 1 bring all the car & bus traffic into the same area.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drjimryan View Post
    Yes, we should have our visitors continue to arrive to the worst shed in European aviation (Ryanair backwaters accepted).

But I fear it doesn't matter, my bet is it sits idle for years as the State bankrupts itself.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drjimryan View Post
    Oh Good God are you for real!!!! It's 15 years late, I think T1 has a capacity of 18 million and was processing 23million in 2006. T2 will bring capcaity to 35million Pax.

The Bertie Bowl was a vanity project, the Western Rail Corridor was a vanity project, Knock airport was a vanity project, E-voting was a vanity project. Terminal 2 is essential for the national economy and the comfort, efficiency and convenience of all passengers.

As for all the stairs, it is a bit Stephen;s Green Shopping Centre alright - but as pointed out (quite harshly) they are more than likely necessary for fire regs
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It reminds me of the awful corrugated iron "tubes" in Heathrow

Maybe it'll look better when finished.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast