Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Michelle Bachmann run as VP or will she aim higher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Will Michelle Bachmann run as VP or will she aim higher

I have been dwelling on Bachmann for some time and I am intrigued by this appearance on the 25th.

Paul, Bachmann to speak at student town hall at U | StarTribune.com

This is the day of the hearings on the Federal Reserve Audit Bill. This is a very important bill and over 100 democrats are supporting Ron Paul and have co-sponsored.

However Paul is jetting out to Minnesota later to appear at a town hall function with Bachmann.

I suspect that Paul will have her as a running mate for 2012. That was a mistake he made last time, he should have said who he would have with him in the event he was successfull. All candidates should imo.

Perhaps though she would run on her own and name Paul as Treasury secretary. This would be a smart move as Paul lost a lot of republican votes because of his stance on the wars.

McCain got 8.5 million votes to get the nomination. The 1.3 million who voted for Paul will surely vote his choice. His stature has increased since then and might be good for 3 or 4 million now.

The republican field will be none too strong. Romney, Huckabee, Palin, Pawlenty, jindal and who knows who else. All weak.

The only strong candidates imo would be deMint and Vittar

The campaign will start in earnest next November but the groundword is in swing soon

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks mryoungdan for this post. Ron Paul seems to have become a lightning rod around which dissatisfaction with Gore Vidal's 'one party, two wings' is coalescing. There does seem to be a powerful groundswell around him if slightly different to the internet based tsunami that swept Obama to power.

I think it'll be interesting to see whether there will be any correlation between the Obama bubble deflating and an increase therefore in the alternative like Ron Paul for the next election.

Its possible...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An interesting thing to watch today will be a teaparty type effort organised for DC. It is sponsered by about 15 different groups.

There has been nothing in the media about it but some people expect thousands to show up.

I see a report that Obama is going to use a procedure of tying the health care bill to budget(I think) bill to get it through on 51 votes thereby avoiding a fillebuster. There will be a backlash.

I am looking forward to the senate race in Massachusetts on Jan 20.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree from what I've read so far that it is interesting to see how pragmatic Obama is prepared to be, particularly around his flagship legislation on health care.

I know he is working off his 'what would Lincoln do?' philosophy and he is perhaps wise in getting the most politically dangerous bill of his domestic agenda out of the stocks while his popularity is still in the honeymoon stage.

He signalled the Lincoln template for his Presidency with the appointment of a multi party cabinet which Lincoln also did on the basis of keeping dangerous big guns on board and his capture of Hilary was very Lincolnesque I think for easing tensions within his own party.

We'll see. Massachusetts I'm going to have to read into... any surprises on the cards there? I thought last year Caroline Kennedy was becoming active but she blew her Gubernatorial bid in New York I think and has retreated into the woodwork.

Whats you reading of the mood in Massachusetts at the moment as you are following it?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is no way that Ron Paul will pick her. The fact that he is speaking with her demonstrates that he is not stable. What is he thinking?!

The internet hate Michele Bachmann and the internet is about all that Paul has got going for him. She is less intelligent than palin and that is saying something. He is deliberately trying to embarass himself?
    "...Money exists not by nature but by law." Aristotle (Ethics, 1133)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aim higher than what, her foot? That's usually what she shoots when she opens her mouth.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bachmann is crazier than Sarah Palin and Cynthia McKinney put together. The Minnesota Independent keeps a good, close eye on her:

Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media. Search Results bachmann

Having said that, I think she'd be great on the 2012 ticket.
    bye-bye Empire, Empire bye-bye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
    There is no way that Ron Paul will pick her. The fact that he is speaking with her demonstrates that he is not stable. What is he thinking?!

The internet hate Michele Bachmann and the internet is about all that Paul has got going for him. She is less intelligent than palin and that is saying something. He is deliberately trying to embarass himself?
    What a surprise, you don't like Bachmann. Even though she wants to get rid of the Fed like you spend your time here ranting about.

Instead you like Obama who gave the banks trillions. Do you not feel a bit confused

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She is a fringe crazy who seeks to re-ignite the culture wars

Elevating her would only further marginalize the GOP

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shes beloved by the very right wing but hated by everybody else, putting her on a ticket would be suicide!!!!

Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast